Any suggest on the name `node`?

Xpol Wan

Aug 11, 2015, 2:05:21 AM8/11/15
to Ash Framework
I'm using a ported version of Ash to in cocos2d-x-lua.

There is a name conflict between ash Node and cocos-2d scene tree Node.

I have a display object component has a member `node` reference to a cocos2d-x scene Node.

In the system i have code:

function nodeUpdate(node, time)

    node.display.node:setPosition(....)

end

I wan't a better (short) name for ash Node or cocos2d-x Node.

Is there any suggestion?

Michael Cann

Aug 11, 2015, 2:07:23 AM8/11/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com

Xpol Wan

Aug 11, 2015, 2:27:01 AM8/11/15
to Ash Framework
It is nice to have a different name for ash Node.

Igor Kravchenko

Aug 11, 2015, 4:24:05 AM8/11/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
In Objective-c port of Ash I used prefix ASH for all related classes: ASHNode, ASHEntity, ASHSystem etc.

Xpol Wan

Aug 11, 2015, 4:38:52 AM8/11/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
The we have something like:

ashnode.display.node:setPosition(....)

The Node concept in ash are different from Nodes in some game engine.
And we may want to integrate ash into that game engine.
In such scenario the `Node` may cause communication misunderstandings.

Best Regards!

Xpol Wan
// There is a better way!