Zombie Showdown made with Ash!

James Wrightson

Jan 9, 2015, 5:52:32 PM1/9/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
I have recently released my first mobile game 'Zombie Showdown' using Ash, AS3, Genome2D and AIR! (feeling old skool now).

Zombie Showdown is currently on Android but will be out on iOS soon :D

The game runs quite well due to some smart usage of Components/Systems, component pooling and lots of other
optimisations....

...60fps on a Galaxy S2!

Feel free to ask any questions about the development, I am happy to respond.

- James

Damion Murray

Jan 10, 2015, 2:10:31 PM1/10/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on your release!

Michael Cann

Jan 10, 2015, 7:36:17 PM1/10/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thats a nice looking game James!

How come you didnt do a screencapture for the video rather than shakey cam pointed at your phone?

James Wrightson

Jan 12, 2015, 7:50:45 AM1/12/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Testing a theory out, basically a lot of people who buy games tend to want to see the game in action
on a physical device.

Its surprising how many games in the paid section do not do things like UI alignment right, so users
seem to like the videos.

I think I will do a screen-capture one anyway as it would feel more professional hehe

James Wrightson

Jan 13, 2015, 9:03:47 AM1/13/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE: Decided to redo the trailer, it looks way better.

Why on earth did I cam it before? xD

Michael Cann

Jan 13, 2015, 6:09:19 PM1/13/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Yep, looks much better :)

Whens the iOS version coming? Looks like a game I want to play!

James Wrightson

Jan 14, 2015, 9:03:18 AM1/14/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
It is epic that you want to play it! :D

We are in the process of setting up a business account with Apple, could be a week or so
based on what others have experienced.

I will update when its out!

John Nyquist

Jan 23, 2015, 10:20:25 PM1/23/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congrats! I just looked at the video and it looks nice! I'll check it out when it comes to iOS.

Regards,
John

Phillip Knoll

Apr 18, 2015, 3:45:05 AM4/18/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed there was a comment about you uploading a lower quality video of the one that's up there, so forgive me if this sounds negative; I'm just trying to help you succeed because I've appreciated your advice on this forum. I was going to point out how the graphics you've posted in the stills look considerably more appealing than the graphics in the video. I assume the stills are from your pc. Idk how much you care about marketing, but if there's any way to get a higher quality video, I'd say it'd be to your benefit. Here's a side-by-side: