SystemStateMachine

Neil Manuell

Apr 18, 2013, 11:25:10 AM4/18/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
has anyone written a FSM for adding removing systems from the engine similar to the EntityStateMachine

Richard

Apr 22, 2013, 11:03:48 AM4/22/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil

It's been in my mind to do so, but I haven't done it, no. I'd be happy to help out if you want to do it.

Richard

Neil Manuell

Apr 22, 2013, 1:45:06 PM4/22/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
cool - I was thinking of using the EntityStateMachine as a template.

some questions
Is there any reason why you would:
1) ever have more than one instance of a system registered in the engine at a time?
2) need a withType inequivalent?

can you think of any gotchas that may occur from this approach?

Richard Lord

Apr 22, 2013, 2:18:11 PM4/22/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
I would say no to both of those. Systems shouldn't retain game state so it should be fine to reuse the same instance throughout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ash Framework" group.

Neil Manuell

Apr 22, 2013, 2:34:54 PM4/22/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
that's what I thought,

so i was thinking withSingleton withInstance and withMethod

neil