Unity Ash 2

Michael Cann

Nov 3, 2015, 4:04:40 AM11/3/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

Just thought you may be interested that I have spent a little more time looking at Ash for Unity over the past week. I have been meaning to for a while but only just found the time.

I decided to go for a total rewrite (it was originally using David Arno's .NET port) to make it play nicer with Unity.

It all works pretty nice. I wrote a couple of blog posts on the topic.

Let me know what you think!

Justin Hamilton

Nov 3, 2015, 3:28:09 PM11/3/15
to Ash Framework
It looks really good! I'm excited to try this out when I'm done with my current project.

Do you happen to have any benchmarks for this vs. plain Unity like you did for the last version?

Thank you!

Michael Cann

Nov 3, 2015, 5:38:16 PM11/3/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
No I havent done any performance comparisons yet. It should be considerably faster than the last version is I am no longer checking for component changes each frame.

Michael Cann

Nov 8, 2015, 8:52:27 PM11/8/15
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Incase anyone was interested, I just did a writeup on Entitias, another attempt at Entity / System architecture for Unity:

TL;DR

Its really nice, some great concepts but Ash is better in Unity IMO.

Mike