Ash port for Loom

Marcus Lagerström

Nov 18, 2013, 4:56:45 PM11/18/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I've ported Ash to Loom which is a fairly new scripting language very similar to ActionScript 3 that features live reload on mobile devices and performance is much better than Air. It can be found here: https://github.com/ghroot/AshLoom. Feel free to use it.

Alexander Kalinovych

Nov 18, 2013, 5:18:32 PM11/18/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,

Is there anywhere Loop performance test vs Air?

Понеділок, 18 листопада 2013 р. 23:56:45 UTC+2 користувач Marcus Lagerström написав:

Marcus Lagerström

Nov 18, 2013, 5:45:31 PM11/18/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Not that I know of sorry. I created a simple app with 100 tweening sprites and compared it to a similar example on Air and it was much faster. Would take more extensive testing to compare properly though.

Alexander Kalinovych

Nov 18, 2013, 5:48:25 PM11/18/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
ok, thanks. What is the size of such simple application?

Вівторок, 19 листопада 2013 р. 00:45:31 UTC+2 користувач Marcus Lagerström написав:

Marcus Lagerström

Nov 18, 2013, 5:49:53 PM11/18/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Loom binary is 600k and iOS package 4mb.

Alexander Kalinovych

Nov 18, 2013, 5:51:36 PM11/18/13
to ash-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the information! :)

Вівторок, 19 листопада 2013 р. 00:49:53 UTC+2 користувач Marcus Lagerström написав: