Problem with ASFDemos

Raffaele

Mar 4, 2011, 5:27:33 AM3/4/11
to asf forum
Hi,
I'm trying to run one of the demos (brm). When I call the function
"runExampleCentral.m", I get this errors:

OUTPUT IN MATLAB COMMAND WINDOW
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> runExampleCentral
WRITING exampleCentral.trd ...***********************
*** ASF VERSION 0.460 ***
***********************
CHECKING FOR example.std ... OK.
CHECKING FOR exampleCentral.trd ... OK.
CHECKING OpenGL compatibility ...OK
NOT USING ANY SOUND OUTPUT.
Program aborted
Error in ==> ASF>ASFInit at 500
errorFlag = 0;

??? Output argument "ExpInfo" (and maybe others) not assigned during
call to
"C:\Users\r.tucciarelli\Documents\MATLAB\toolbox\asf\code
\ASF.m>ASFInit".

Error in ==> ASF at 322
[ExpInfo, Cfg, trial, windowPtr, Stimuli] = ASFInit(Cfg, expName);

Error in ==> runExampleCentral at 20
ExpInfo = ASF(stdName, trdName, logName, Cfg);

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I have the ASF version 0.460. I've just downloaded the
file "asfV46b.zip". With the version 0.44 the demos worked well. The
strange thing is that if I run in debug mode, all works fine. I tried
to come back to the version 0.44, but the problem remains.

I have the same problem with "maskedPrimingUpperLowerPresentation",
but no problems with the memory demo.

Thanks,
Raffaele

Jens Schwarzbach

Mar 4, 2011, 7:23:23 AM3/4/11
to asf forum
Dear Raffaele,

thanks for your message and the very helpful diagnostic info that this
worked in V0.44 but not in v.46. I have the suspicion that this
relates to the most recently changed function ASF_readTrialDefs.m.

Will check this and post what I found.

Best,
Jens

On Mar 4, 11:27 am, Raffaele <rtucciare...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to run one of the demos (brm). When I call the function
> "runExampleCentral.m", I get this errors:
>
> OUTPUT IN MATLAB COMMAND WINDOW
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------
>
> >> runExampleCentral
>
> WRITING exampleCentral.trd ...***********************
> *** ASF VERSION 0.460 ***
> ***********************
> CHECKING FOR example.std ... OK.
> CHECKING FOR exampleCentral.trd ... OK.
> CHECKING OpenGL compatibility ...OK
> NOT USING ANY SOUND OUTPUT.
> Program aborted
> Error in ==> ASF>ASFInit at 500
> errorFlag = 0;
>
> ??? Output argument "ExpInfo" (and maybe others) not assigned during
> call to
> "C:\Users\r.tucciarelli\Documents\MATLAB\toolbox\asf\code
> \ASF.m>ASFInit".
>
> Error in ==> ASF at 322
> [ExpInfo, Cfg, trial, windowPtr, Stimuli] = ASFInit(Cfg, expName);
>
> Error in ==> runExampleCentral at 20
> ExpInfo = ASF(stdName, trdName, logName, Cfg);
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------

Jens Schwarzbach

Mar 7, 2011, 7:23:54 AM3/7/11
to asf forum

Dear All,

the issue is resolved. There was no problem with the recently edited
ASF_readTrialDefs.m function.
One has to make sure that when asf pops up a dialog box requesting
whether one wants to overwrite an existing datafile, to either press
the yes-button with the mouse or to switch from the default 'no' to
'yes' by means of the space bar (not the TAB-key) before pressing
Enter. Otherwise the program will assume that you did not want to
overwrite the existing log-file.
While trying to figure out this problem I added a better error-
handling scheme and more error-feedback to asf. Another good side-
effect is that asf now stores the logfile when an error or a user-
abort occurs, instead of discarding the entire dataset.

Best,
Jens