Re: [ASCIIMath] ASCIIMath.js and qTip2 don't work well together

Message has been deleted

Marc Grober

Mar 8, 2013, 1:55:19 AM3/8/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com

the default asciimath file for mathjax only parses backticks. You can
change and add additional tokens, like amath, the same way you change
or addd tokens for the other jax.... see the mathjax docs on editing
the hub config for default configurations

On 3/6/13 11:04 PM, marco....@gmx.com wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Been experimenting with ASCIIMath for the past 6 hours or so,
> finally got it right and it is working flawlessly now. Should put a
> notice on the site that the autofeature "amath", only works if you
> use ASCIIMath.js and NOT with MathJax. Did not find that Info, but
> could not get "amath" to work with only putting
>
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML"></script>
> on my page, like suggested on the MathJax site.
>
> Now, after rewriting my webpage to fit with the autodetect-feature
> i noticed that my tooltips do not show up anymore. Like at all.
>
> Here is what i tried: Using only MathJax.js -> "amath" only shows
> up as text and does nothing else. Using only ASCIIMath.js ->
> "amath" works flawlessly, i do not get any tooltips anymore tho
> Using ASCIIMath.js but not using "amath", instead putting ``
> everywhere -> both tooltips and mathformulas working nicely Using
> MathJax.js but not using "amath", instead putting `` everywhere ->
> both tooltips and mathformulas working nicely
>
> My issue: It is a heavily mathbased site in development. And
> "amath" is exactly the feature i need, but i can not leave the
> tooltips out as they are an integral part of the site as well.
>
> What i fear: Having to use `` everywhere. Id have to write a tool
> to insert those everywhere i need them, as writing them by hand
> would take days and would also hinder further updates on the site.
>
> So, is there a way to get "amath" working without using
> ASCIIMath.js? Or do make some kind of mistake here that is causing
> the issue?
>
> For reference: The tooltips i use are ajaxbased and for now i use
> qTip2 to do the job, untill i know how to do ajaxtooltips myself
> (still learning). Link: http://craigsworks.com/projects/qtip2/ The
> page i am making is for my fellow students and i have just really
> started to put the content in, still trying to figure out some
> basics: Link:
> http://www.mathematik-lehramtsstudium.de/home.php?id=s1kapitel01
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Marco
>
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "ASCIIMath" group. To unsubscribe from this group and
> stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> asciimath+...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send
> email to asci...@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at
> visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Marc Grober

Mar 12, 2013, 4:52:50 AM3/12/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com

As Mathjax docs indicate, by default it parses the text between the
opening and clsing tokens....
you might want to review the archives of the mathjax list regarding
creating a span that wold accomplish the same thing, then putting
your entire page in such a span.