Re: Anyway to escape multi character subscripts?

Peter

Mar 7, 2013, 12:48:14 AM3/7/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com
The simplest is to insert spaces to break tokens like pm: e.g. `R_{csp m}` or `R_{c s p m}`. This works since spaces in formulas are not rendered.

Regards,
Peter

Jonatan Magnusson

Mar 7, 2013, 1:56:11 PM3/7/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, it makes the source look uglier, but it works!

Is there really any benefit with allowing writing together variables and operators like this? For example "apmb" is totally unreadable and would mean the same thing as "a pm b" (a +/- b) … Perhaps there is some use case that I can't think of …

Regards,
Jonatan