Re: breaks my HTML

David Lippman

Sep 6, 2012, 12:04:09 PM9/6/12
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Unless you are using the automathrecognize option, ASCIIMathML should only translate content between grave symbols (aka backticks; `).  If your displayed source code uses a lot of grave symbols, you can reconfigure the delimiter used; look for AMdelimiter1 near the top of the file.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use any delimiter symbol at all, you can instead use HTML to designate math to translate.  Near the bottom of the script, look for the line
  translate();
and change it to
  translate(true);

Then, instead of writing `x^2+1`, you would write <span class="AM">x^2+1</span>

David

On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:37:20 PM UTC-7, me wrote:
hi,
Trying to use ASCIIMathML for the first time... it breaks all my HTML...
I display alot of source  code (that is probably why it breaks)... Is there some way to force ASCIIMathML to parse only very specific begin and end symbol to force as expression, so that the rest of my HTML don't get impacted.

thanks

Dan Healy