Asciidoc plugin

GEychaner

Oct 1, 2010, 6:58:14 PM10/1/10
to asciidoc
I have completely overhauled the Asciidoc plugin for ikiwiki that was
created by Karl Mowson (http://www.mowson.org/karl/colophon/). The
source can be downloaded from my Dropbox (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/
11256359/asciidoc.pm).

Features

* Uses a filter hook to escape WikiLinks and Directives using Asciidoc
'+++' passthrough macros, to avoid them being processed by Asciidoc.
This behavior is configurable in the wiki setup file.
* Adds a preprocessor directive 'asciidoc' which allows extra Asciidoc
command-line options to be passed on a per-page basis. Each parameter
name is the option name (the leading '--' will be inserted
automatically), and the parameter value is the option value.
Currently, only 'conf-file' and 'doctype' are allowed (or even
useful).
* Sets the page title from the first line in the Asciidoc file using a
meta directive. This behavior is configurable in the wiki setup file.
* Searches for an Asciidoc configuration file named the same as the
wiki if none is specified in the setup file.
* Asciidoc configuration files are stored in the wiki. They should be
named '*._conf' to avoid publishing them.

Problems

* Escaping Directives is not optimal. It prevents markup from being
used in Directives, and the passthrough macros have to include extra
spaces to avoid having directives that return an empty string collapse
to '++++++'.
* Handling of Asciidoc errors is suboptimal; they are simply inserted
into the returned page. This could be fixed in Perl 5.12 by using the
run_forked() in IPC::Cmd.

Thanks to Karl for the initial work on this; I wouldn't have had the
opportunity if his plugin didn't already exist.

Stuart Rackham

Oct 1, 2010, 7:17:21 PM10/1/10
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Glenn, I've added it to the home page 'Resources' section
and will be updating the website in the next couple days.

Cheers, Stuart

Dennis Hüsemann

Mar 2, 2017, 3:31:24 PM3/2/17
to asciidoc, geyc...@gmail.com
Hallo Glenn,

could you please help me getting the AsciiDoc parser run with ikiwiki or point me to a location where the process is explained? The only infos I have found were at the official ikiwiki-site (by you possibly): http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/contrib/asciidoc/

So far I was able to install the mediawiki plugin and got it to run. When I do it in the same fashion with the shipped asciidoc.pm, which basically means:
  • copy asciidoc.pm to ~/.ikiwiki/IkiWiki/Plugin/
  • put "- asciidoc" below add_plugins in wiki.setup
  • running ikiwiki --setup wiki.setup

I get: asciidoc is not installed

Are there some CPAN-modules that must be installed as well?

Thanks for helpful hints!

Dennis.