a2x: no way to set external command options in config file

Yves-Alexis Perez

Jan 11, 2010, 8:55:46 AM1/11/10
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

it seems there is no way to set the external command options in
a2x.conf. Basically I'd like a way to set DBLATEX_OPTS in
.asciidoc/a2x.conf but the only way to pass options is to use
--dblatex-opts directly to command line. Trying to fool it using
DBLATEX='dblatex --foo' doesn't work either.

Basically it'd be nice if all command line option could be set from a
config file too.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis

Stuart Rackham

Jan 13, 2010, 4:21:52 PM1/13/10
to asci...@googlegroups.com

Good idea, I've added ASCIIDOC_OPTS, DBLATEX_OPTS, FOP_OPTS, XSLTPROC_OPTS
options to the conf file:

http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/ad9d3d48ec03

Cheers, Stuart

> Cheers,

Yves-Alexis Perez

Jun 24, 2010, 8:32:03 AM6/24/10
to asci...@googlegroups.com
On 13/01/2010 22:21, Stuart Rackham wrote:
> Good idea, I've added ASCIIDOC_OPTS, DBLATEX_OPTS, FOP_OPTS,
> XSLTPROC_OPTS options to the conf file:
>
> http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/ad9d3d48ec03

Hmhm, I thought I had reported this sooner, but it seems not.
DBLATEX_OPTS and --dblatex-opts work fine, but passing the style option
won't work because -p and -s are passed *before* and unconditionnaly. So
it's not possible to use a custom style with a custome stylesheet when
using a2x, afaict.
--
Yves-Alexis

Stuart Rackham

Aug 2, 2010, 5:22:44 PM8/2/10
to asci...@googlegroups.com

So the problem is not the the patch it's the baked in -s and -p dblatex options
for the asciidoc custom xsl and stylesheets, correct?

Does dblatex ignore multiple -p and -s options? If no then why don't subsequent
options work? Could you please post an example.

Cheers, Stuart

Yves-Alexis Perez

Aug 3, 2010, 2:33:11 PM8/3/10
to asci...@googlegroups.com

It might be an issue in dblatex yes. Basically:

a2x --dblatex-opts='--style mystyle' test.txt

won't use “mystyle” styles (you can check that by using
simple/db2latex/native styles, it won't change). But it's not only the
order, it seems that if -p/-s is present, -T/--style will be ignored.
(which is consistent, -p/-s override stuff in a style).

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis