Bug fix for a2x.py with dblatex-opts

Mark Fernandes

Oct 9, 2009, 11:37:39 PM10/9/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stuart,

I had a bug with the new a2x.py file which happens as follows:

I use --dblatex-opts to pass my params.xsl and my style settings to
dblatex, but the present a2x.py, with Asciidoc 8.5.0, ignores my
settings because asciidoc-dblatex.xsl and asciidoc-dblatex.sty,
being processed last by a2x.py, always overrides my params.xsl and
my dblatex style files.

I suggest a simple fix for this situation and show that solution with
this patch. The patch, effectively, changes the order of processing of
--dblatex-opts so dblatex-opts settings, if any, are executed last
effectively overriding those from the defaults. This is the desired
behaviour and was default in the previous version of a2x.

I tested the patch with the Asciidoc manual in the doc directory and
it built successfully, using my settings instead of the default.

I hope you agree with my proposed solution, and if you do, then you
are free to use this patch with any license you chose.

Thanks,

Mark Fernandes.

dblatex-opts_a2x.patch

Stuart Rackham

Oct 10, 2009, 12:42:24 AM10/10/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

Thanks for spotting and fixing the bug, I've committed your patch to the trunk:
http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/520eeab92fb2

Cheers, Stuart