yet another book written with AsciiDoc!

Tomek Kaczanowski

Apr 4, 2012, 4:18:26 AM4/4/12
to asciidoc
Hello All,

I'm happy to inform you that my book - "Practical Unit Testing with
TestNG and Mockito" (http://practicalunittesting.com) - which was
written entirely with AsciiDoc is now published.

I guess this can make another entry to http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/index.html#X6
:)

It is also a good moment to congratulate and thank you! AsciiDoc is a
fantastic tool and I can not imagine writing a book using anything
else! I will soon write a blog post devoted to my experience of
writing book with AsciiDoc and gather there some information that
others could use.
Thank for your patience - you answered a lot of my questions and as a
result I was able to prepare a really nice-looking book. :)

--
Regards,
Tomek Kaczanowski

Stuart Rackham

Apr 4, 2012, 7:12:53 PM4/4/12
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomek

Congratulations on a very impressive effort -- always great to see big documents
published with AsciiDoc. I've added it to the list, post a link when you get
round to your blog.

I like the admonition icon set, is it public domain?

And thanks for the kind words re AsciiDoc.

Cheers, Stuart

P.S. the slideshare Sample chapter was blank in Google Chrome 18.0 but was fine
in Firefox 11.0, some sort of browser incompatibility?

Tomek Kaczanowski

Apr 5, 2012, 9:16:01 AM4/5/12
to asciidoc
Hi Stuart,

> I like the admonition icon set, is it public domain?
The icons are from http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2010/07/200-exclusive-free-icons-reflection/.
They are not free, but all you have to do to use them is to mention
their origin: "The set contains 208 icons and is available free of
charge for personal and commercial projects, with attribution
required." Another nice thing about them is that they come also as SVG
so you can scale them as you wish.

> I've added it to the list
Thanks! BTW. There is a typo there: Practial -> Practical, could you
fix it?

> post a link when you get round to your blog.
Sure I will!

> P.S. the slideshare Sample chapter was blank in Google Chrome 18.0 but was fine
> in Firefox 11.0, some sort of browser incompatibility?
Thanks for reporting, but I thinks it is rather some SlideShare issue
- nothing I could fix myself I guess.

Stuart Rackham

Apr 5, 2012, 5:08:40 PM4/5/12
to asci...@googlegroups.com

On 06/04/12 01:16, Tomek Kaczanowski wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
>> I like the admonition icon set, is it public domain?
> The icons are from http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2010/07/200-exclusive-free-icons-reflection/.
> They are not free, but all you have to do to use them is to mention
> their origin: "The set contains 208 icons and is available free of
> charge for personal and commercial projects, with attribution
> required." Another nice thing about them is that they come also as SVG
> so you can scale them as you wish.

Thanks for that.

>> I've added it to the list
> Thanks! BTW. There is a typo there: Practial -> Practical, could you
> fix it?

Done!

Cheers, Stuart

Christian Kyony

Feb 9, 2013, 4:18:52 PM2/9/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tomek,

Once again, congrats for your book. Do you mind sharing your process ( tool chains used, templates, ... ) to produce such a beautiful book?
If it is not too much, can you share the source for the sample chapter ?

Christian