Making a2x format available to asciidoc

Lex Trotman

Jun 17, 2011, 5:57:54 PM6/17/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stuart,

There have been several questions lately about how to set up things
for different output formats.

When using a2x asciidoc doesn't know what the output format is,

The attached patch to a2x sets attribute {format} to its format option
so documents can adjust themselves accordingly.

Not sure if it should be documented in a2x or asciidoc or both?

Cheers
lex

format.patch

Stuart Rackham

Aug 8, 2011, 1:23:17 AM8/8/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lex

Good idea, thanks for the patch.

Named attribute 'a2x-format' to avoid confusion with table 'format' attribute.
Documented in a2x man page (similar to blogpost-* attributes documented in
blogpost man page).

What version of a2x did you patch? it seems way out of sync with 8.6.5.
I patched it by hand so would be a good idea to check it.

http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/detail?r=4211bd8041871dd9188a2f1089cd505e6970508e

Cheers, Stuart

> Cheers
> lex

Lex Trotman

Aug 8, 2011, 1:46:53 AM8/8/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stuart,

[...]

> Named attribute 'a2x-format' to avoid confusion with table 'format'
> attribute.

Good idea.

> Documented in a2x man page (similar to blogpost-* attributes documented in
> blogpost man page).
>
> What version of a2x did you patch? it seems way out of sync with 8.6.5.
> I patched it by hand so would be a good idea to check it.

Hmmm, maybe I accidentally diffed against the system version (the
distribution is still on 8.5.2) not the hg version in my home
directory. Looks ok though.

> http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/detail?r=4211bd8041871dd9188a2f1089cd505e6970508e
>

> Cheers, Stuart

Whoopee lots of asciidoc presents for my birthday :-) Makes up for
the (not unexpected) results from Eden Park.

Cheers
Lex