Re: Hot to get rid of trailing period in title

Message has been deleted

Dan Allen

Jun 11, 2013, 5:59:50 AM6/11/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com

Martin,

The same thing drove me nuts for days. I finally figured out that it was the built-in DocBook xsl templates that were adding it. Here's the attribute that controls what character is added after a block title and before the content (hint: it's a period)

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.78.1/doc/html/runinhead.default.title.end.punct.html

This is not an AsiiDoc issue, per se, but a DocBook toolchain issue.

Hope that helps!

-Dan

--
Sent from my CyanogenMod-powered
Android device, an open platform for

On Jun 11, 2013 2:57 AM, "Martin Lorenz" <a...@edraioma.de> wrote:
Hi all,

as I am quite new to asciidoc and DocBook I may have missed some crucial point, so please just hit me with a stik, if this should have been common knopledge …

I try to prepare a simple document, containing paragraphs starting with BlockTitle Elements.
Unfortunately the processor adds a trailing period to each and every BlockTitle.

I already have found, that the period is not yet present in the xml intermediate file. So I conclude that it is added during DocBook processing.

BUT: how do I get rid of this trailing period.
I do NOT mean the period in the section numbering! I have found quite some info on that one.

Thank you very much for any hint.

martin

Martin Lorenz

Jun 11, 2013, 3:51:08 PM6/11/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

thanks a lot!
That was exactly what I was looking for.

I added a line to common.xsl reading

<xsl:param name="runinhead.default.title.end.punct"/>

and see: the period is a goner ;-)

great stuff, asciidoc

greets
martin

Dan Allen

Jun 11, 2013, 4:05:27 PM6/11/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!!

I think that would make a good FAQ. It certainly will save a lot of pulling out of hair :)

-Dan

Dan Allen

Jun 11, 2013, 4:17:52 PM6/11/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com

Stuart Rackham

Jun 12, 2013, 1:59:43 AM6/12/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff Dan, can I cut and paste this to the AsciiDoc FAQ (with
attribution) or would you prefer a link?

Cheers, Stuart
> http://docbook.sourceforge.__net/release/xsl/1.78.1/doc/__html/runinhead.default.title.__end.punct.html
> <http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.78.1/doc/html/runinhead.default.title.end.punct.html>
>
> This is not an AsiiDoc issue, per se, but a DocBook
> toolchain issue.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> -Dan
>
> --
> Sent from my CyanogenMod-powered
> Android device, an open platform for
> carriers, developers and consumers.
>
> On Jun 11, 2013 2:57 AM, "Martin Lorenz" <a...@edraioma.de>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> as I am quite new to asciidoc and DocBook I may have
> missed some crucial point, so please just hit me with a
> stik, if this should have been common knopledge �
>
> I try to prepare a simple document, containing
> paragraphs starting with /BlockTitle /Elements.
> Unfortunately the processor adds a trailing period to
> each and every /BlockTitle.
>
> /I already have found, that the period is not yet
> present in the xml intermediate file. So I conclude that
> it is added during DocBook processing.
>
> BUT: how do I get rid of this trailing period.
> I do NOT mean the period in the section numbering! I
> have found quite some info on that one.
>
> Thank you very much for any hint.
>
> martin
>
> --
>
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/__group/asciidoc?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/asciidoc?hl=en>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/__groups/opt_out
> <https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>.
>

> --
>

> --
> Dan Allen | http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen
>

> --
> Dan Allen | http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen

Dan Allen

Jun 12, 2013, 2:43:22 AM6/12/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Stuart Rackham <srac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good stuff Dan, can I cut and paste this to the AsciiDoc FAQ (with
attribution) or would you prefer a link?

Please feel free to cut and paste. I added it on the wiki so I wouldn't forget, but it's best to have it in the official FAQ :)

-Dan

Stuart Rackham

Jun 13, 2013, 4:17:03 AM6/13/13
to asci...@googlegroups.com

On 12/06/13 18:43, Dan Allen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Stuart Rackham <srac...@gmail.com
> <mailto:srac...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> On 12/06/13 08:17, Dan Allen wrote:
> > I added it here for now:
> >

> https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor/wiki/Why-is-there-a-period-after-the-block-title-in-the-PDF-output%3F
>
> Good stuff Dan, can I cut and paste this to the AsciiDoc FAQ (with
> attribution) or would you prefer a link?
>

> Please feel free to cut and paste. I added it on the wiki so I wouldn't
> forget, but it's best to have it in the official FAQ :)

Done!

Cheers, Stuart

> -Dan
>
> --
> Dan Allen | http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen

Eduardo Santana

May 30, 2016, 7:09:02 PM5/30/16
to asciidoc
I have updated the wiki, i'm not sure it's it... but it may lead to something.