Problem with footnotes in asciidoc 8.4.5

Stas Bushuev

Jun 30, 2009, 1:57:15 AM6/30/09
to asciidoc
Somewhere between asciidoc 8.4.3 and 8.4.5 pattern for default inline
macros has changed to prevent
expansion when macro name is part of a word.

For example, word image:image.png[] is to be expanded, but
wordimage:image.png[] not.

For most macros that is good, but for footnote macros isn't: after
transformation asciidoc -> docbook -> pdf
there is ugly space between text and footnote mark

So I propose change pattern for default inline macros to this:

(?su)[\\]?(?P<name>footnote|footnoteref):(?P<target>\S*?)\[(?
P<attrlist>.*?)\]=
(?su)(?<!\w)[\\]?(?P<name>http|https|ftp|file|irc|mailto|callto|image|
link|anchor|xref|indexterm):(?P<target>\S*?)\[(?P<attrlist>.*?)\]=

Stuart Rackham

Jul 5, 2009, 5:50:22 PM7/5/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Took me a little while to see what you were getting at here (I had never
noticed the space in the PDFs before). I don't like running the macro
hard against the preceding text but your solution does give you the
option of removing the space and it's much simpler than devising a macro
that strips the space.

Thank you for the patch, I've ddded it to the trunk:
http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/115fa566f396

Cheers, Stuart