Table display - colors

Chris Jones

Nov 20, 2009, 6:19:01 PM11/20/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
I 'm building a document that contains a few tables:

$ a2x -a toc -vf xhtml -r /usr/local/etc/ document.txt

I noticed that while the outside borders of the tables are displayed in
the same light blue as the samples in the asciidoc User Guide, the lines
delimiting the rows and columns are black.

Quick screenshot:
-----------------

(a) (a)
| |
v v
(a) ---> +---------------+---------------+
| header col. 1 | header col. 2 |
(a) ---> +---------------+---------------+
| | |
+---------------+---------------+ <-- (b)
| | |
+---------------+---------------+ <-- (b)
| | |
(a) ---> +---------------+---------------+

^

(b)

(a) these lines are light blue
(b) these lines are black

I fiddled the .css file that is copied to the directory where the output
document.html file lives, but with no success.

I noticed that if I use asciidoc instead of a2x, the lines delimiting
the rows and columns are rendered in light blue:

$ asciidoc -vf document.txt

I'm running asciidoc/a2x 8.5.1.

Has anyone run into this problem and hopefully discovered how to work
around it?

Thanks,

CJ

Chris Jones

Nov 22, 2009, 12:38:36 AM11/22/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
The 'screenshot' does not render too well via the google groups web
interface.

Attaching html files:

1. Created with asciidoc
2. Created with a2x

CJ
table3.html
table3.html

Stuart Rackham

Nov 22, 2009, 2:59:21 PM11/22/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

I've made a couple of tweaks so the table appear similar in a2x.
http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/d080d5b9ebfc

Cheers, Stuart
> --

> Quick screenshot:
>
> Table 1: blue and black lines header col. 1 header col. 2

> Last updated 2009-11-22 00:24:22 EDT

> *Table of Contents*
>
> 1. Quick screenshot: <#_quick_screenshot>
>

> 1. Quick screenshot:
>
> *Table 1. blue and black lines*

Chris Jones

Nov 22, 2009, 8:08:53 PM11/22/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 02:59:21PM EST, Stuart Rackham wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> I've made a couple of tweaks so the table appear similar in a2x.
> http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/d080d5b9ebfc

Thanks,

I'm not familiar with HG - what's the best strategy to apply the patch?

CJ

Stuart Rackham

Nov 22, 2009, 9:34:37 PM11/22/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Probably easiest to install the Hg repository:
http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/INSTALL.html#_installing_from_the_mercurial_repository

Cheers, Stuart

Chris Jones

Nov 23, 2009, 3:23:02 AM11/23/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:34:37PM EST, Stuart Rackham wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 02:59:21PM EST, Stuart Rackham wrote:
> >> Hi Chris
> >>
> >> I've made a couple of tweaks so the table appear similar in a2x.
> >> http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/d080d5b9ebfc
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > I'm not familiar with HG - what's the best strategy to apply the patch?
>
> Probably easiest to install the Hg repository:
>
> http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/INSTALL.html#_installing_from_the_mercurial_repository

I was trying to avoid that :-)

For the record, creating a 'clone' of the hg repository followed by:

$ hg pull http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/d080d5b9ebfc
$ hg update
$ autoconf; ./configure; make; <gen man pages>; make install

Did the trick.

$ a2x -vf xhtml -D ~/docs/formatted/htmldir/ doc.txt

now uses the standard pale blue to render rows & columns table delimiters.

Thank you for your comments.

CJ

Lionel

Nov 23, 2009, 5:03:52 AM11/23/09
to asciidoc
Another way to get the latest asciidoc sources without installing
Mercurial:

http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.tar.bz2

or

http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.zip

Stuart, is there any possibility to add these links to the website ? I
believe people would like to use them.

Thanks,
Lionel

On 23 nov, 09:23, Chris Jones <cjns1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:34:37PM EST, Stuart Rackham wrote:
> > Chris Jones wrote:

> > > Thanks,
>
> > > I'm not familiar with HG - what's the best strategy to apply the patch?
>
> > Probably easiest to install the Hg repository:
>
> >http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/INSTALL.html#_installing_from_the_m...
>
> I was trying to avoid that :-)
>
> For the record, creating a 'clone' of the hg repository followed by:
>
> $ hg pullhttp://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/d080d5b9ebfc

Chris Jones

Nov 23, 2009, 11:39:27 AM11/23/09
to asciidoc
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 05:03:52AM EST, Lionel wrote:
> Another way to get the latest asciidoc sources without installing
> Mercurial:
>
> http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.tar.bz2
>
> or
>
> http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.zip
>
> Stuart, is there any possibility to add these links to the website ? I
> believe people would like to use them.

+1

I still haven't quite gotten over it that I somehow managed to get hg to
do this for me.. and I'm still in the dark as to whether I did it right
and won't incur any side-effects.

That's why I posted what I did, hoping someone would correct me in case
I forgot something.

CJ

Stuart Rackham

Nov 23, 2009, 4:39:49 PM11/23/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Lionel wrote:
> Another way to get the latest asciidoc sources without installing
> Mercurial:
>
> http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.tar.bz2
>
> or
>
> http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.zip
>
> Stuart, is there any possibility to add these links to the website ? I
> believe people would like to use them.

Good point Lionel, I've updated the Installation web page:

http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/INSTALL.html#_installing_from_the_mercurial_repository

Cheers, Stuart

> Thanks,
> Lionel
>
> On 23 nov, 09:23, Chris Jones <cjns1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Probably easiest to install the Hg repository:
>>> http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/INSTALL.html#_installing_from_the_m...
>> I was trying to avoid that :-)
>>
>> For the record, creating a 'clone' of the hg repository followed by:
>>
>> $ hg pullhttp://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/rev/d080d5b9ebfc
>> $ hg update
>> $ autoconf; ./configure; make; <gen man pages>; make install
>>
>> Did the trick.
>>
>> $ a2x -vf xhtml -D ~/docs/formatted/htmldir/ doc.txt
>>
>> now uses the standard pale blue to render rows & columns table delimiters.
>>
>> Thank you for your comments.
>>
>> CJ

Lionel

Nov 24, 2009, 3:26:01 AM11/24/09
to asciidoc
Great, thanks a lot! I would just do s/repostiory/repository/ ;)

Lionel

On 23 nov, 22:39, Stuart Rackham <srack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lionel wrote:
> > Another way to get the latest asciidoc sources without installing
> > Mercurial:
>
> >http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.tar.bz2
>
> > or
>
> >http://hg.sharesource.org/asciidoc/archive/tip.zip
>
> > Stuart, is there any possibility to add these links to the website ? I
> > believe people would like to use them.
>
> Good point Lionel, I've updated the Installation web page:
>
> http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/INSTALL.html#_installing_from_the_m...

Stuart Rackham

Nov 24, 2009, 4:14:26 AM11/24/09
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Lionel wrote:
> Great, thanks a lot! I would just do s/repostiory/repository/ ;)

Fixed, thanks.