AsciiDoc Dutch language configuration file

Dag Wieers

Apr 6, 2011, 9:24:53 PM4/6/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed that there was no Dutch translation, so I translated the
English language configuration file to Dutch.

Kind regards,
--
-- dag wieers, d...@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, in...@dagit.net, http://dagit.net/

lang-nl.conf

Stuart Rackham

Apr 11, 2011, 5:28:26 AM4/11/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com

On 07/04/11 13:24, Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that there was no Dutch translation, so I translated the English
> language configuration file to Dutch.

I think the colophon, dedication, preface etc. are around the wrong way, for
example take a look a the latest German lang file:
http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/browse/lang-de.conf

Could you also add the correct left and right single and double quote characters
for Dutch (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-English_usage_of_quotation_marks#Dutch).

If you have the time a test file based on e.g.
http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/browse/tests/data/lang-de-test.txt
would be great.

Cheers, Stuart

> Kind regards,

Dag Wieers

Apr 12, 2011, 11:11:10 AM4/12/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Stuart Rackham wrote:

> On 07/04/11 13:24, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> I noticed that there was no Dutch translation, so I translated the English
>> language configuration file to Dutch.
>
> I think the colophon, dedication, preface etc. are around the wrong way, for
> example take a look a the latest German lang file:
> http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/browse/lang-de.conf

I see, here's a reworked version based on a docbook's xml stylesheet
content. Let me know if you notice anything else out of the ordinary :)

> Could you also add the correct left and right single and double quote
> characters for Dutch (see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-English_usage_of_quotation_marks#Dutch).

It seems to be the same as American English. Should I do something
different to get that ?

> If you have the time a test file based on e.g.
> http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/browse/tests/data/lang-de-test.txt
> would be great.

I will do that next.

lang-nl.conf

Dag Wieers

Apr 12, 2011, 11:40:59 AM4/12/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011, Dag Wieers wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Stuart Rackham wrote:
>
>> If you have the time a test file based on e.g.
>> http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/browse/tests/data/lang-de-test.txt
>> would be great.
>
> I will do that next.

Here it is. I did translate the text as well as it looks really weird if
you convert it. Dutch headlines, terms and index, with the sections
translated.

lang-nl-test.txt

Stuart Rackham

Apr 12, 2011, 6:21:30 PM4/12/11
to asci...@googlegroups.com

On 13/04/11 03:40, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2011, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Stuart Rackham wrote:
>>
>>> If you have the time a test file based on e.g.
>>> http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/browse/tests/data/lang-de-test.txt
>>> would be great.
>>
>> I will do that next.
>
> Here it is. I did translate the text as well as it looks really weird if you
> convert it. Dutch headlines, terms and index, with the sections translated.

Thanks for the update and thanks for translating all the test text (the others
didn't get the full treatment because monolingual me generated the test files).
I've committed it to the trunk:
http://code.google.com/p/asciidoc/source/detail?r=b3aa2160206d0179200d0a273a47d709bb1bab0b

Cheers, Stuart