depthMapDetectOff problem?

Durss

Oct 27, 2011, 5:30:16 AM10/27/11
to AS3OpenNI
Hi!

I just tried the depthMapDetectOff property but just can't make it
work.
If i'm not mistaken, when this property is enabled, the depth map
received shouldn't be colorized anymore if a user is detected?
But whether i set it to true or false i get the users' shapes
colorized.

I actually want to get the depthmap as a pure grayscale si i'm
initializing the bridge that way :

_as3OpenNI = new AS3OpenNI();
_as3OpenNI.binaryPath = "bin/AS3OpenNI_Alpha_1.3.2";
_as3OpenNI.depthMap = true;
_as3OpenNI.depthMapBackground = true;
_as3OpenNI.depthMapDetectOff = true;
_as3OpenNI.init();

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

By the way, a "problem" with the shapes colorization is that if we
want to use the image as a depthmap, depending on the color we won't
get the same depth interpretation as the green will be much brighter
than the blue for example. Unless there's a magical formula to
interpolate that colors into a perfect grayscale, it would be great to
be able to get that users' shapes but without colors.
I mean, getting the depthmap with alpha transparency to get no
background, but getting the detected users in grayscale.

I'm not sure it's possible at all, but i'm just asking in case. (and
maybe i'm not clear at all neither ^^)

Thanks!

AMB

Oct 27, 2011, 1:21:28 PM10/27/11
to AS3OpenNI
Are you trying to run it on a PC? You'll probably need to recompile it
for a PC, that version hasn't been released yet, it's still just in
the trunk and has only been tested on the MAC.
The next release will be out soon,

AMB

-----
Message has been deleted

Durss

Oct 27, 2011, 1:36:01 PM10/27/11
to AS3OpenNI
Oh ok :)
Yep i'm using it on windows.
If next release is coming soon, then i'll wait for it!

Can't wait for the new features :p!

Oh and while i got you, what about the grayscale thing i tried to
explain above? (if it's not clear at all i'll try to explain it more
clearly)

And as i said in my other post, thank you so much for sharing your
good work!!