Kinect by Flash Professional

mx_electrog

Jul 4, 2011, 4:48:41 PM7/4/11
to AS3OpenNI
Hi!
Someone could teach me how to do to run a Flash professional
application and control a kinect ????

Help please!

I read a lot of page but I'm not clear the to do list and the which
code to use.

I work with as3 in win.

Thank a lot!

AMB

Jul 5, 2011, 12:51:43 PM7/5/11
to AS3OpenNI
Hello-

Yeah you can download the code from here:
http://code.google.com/p/as3openni/downloads/list

The examples are setup to work in Adobe Flash Builder 4, as an Air
application you can port the same code over to Flash Pro if you'd like
either way it will work.
I'm in the process of providing more examples, and will be including
some Flash Pro examples.

However, here's an example you could get started with:
http://davidbliss.com/as3openni-example

AMB

----

dbliss

Jul 26, 2011, 12:20:58 PM7/26/11
to AS3OpenNI
I was looking at the latest build in conjunction with my example
recently and could not get it to work. I was able to update the code
so that it compiles, but now that the AS3OpenNI object instantiates
the server executable as part of it's initialization, I could not get
it to work.

Previously I would launch my Flash app and then start the server, but
this does not work with the latest code base (1.3.0). Instead, the
server reports that it could not find a connection (even tough my app
is running). I've tried this with both the Flash Pro test movie as
well as in an Air app.

Any thoughts?

AMB

Jul 26, 2011, 1:06:00 PM7/26/11
to AS3OpenNI
Hey David-

It looks like your example now is a few version dated back now.
Could you maybe update it by comparing it with the latest Flex
version.
That should lead you down the right direction, as far as the binary
goes even in version 1.3.0 the command line parameters should all be
the same.
If you just run the binary in terminal and add -help that will give
you all the info you should need.

Thanks again for your help on this example,
AMB

-----

dbliss

Jul 26, 2011, 4:25:03 PM7/26/11
to AS3OpenNI
I will look at this again once I hit a deadline I am working on for
this Thursday. I'm working with the new code-base in FBuilder at the
moment, so perhaps I will make some critical realizations on the way.

More as soon as possible.

-- dave

dbliss

Jul 28, 2011, 7:25:43 PM7/28/11
to AS3OpenNI
Hi again,

I've not dug into this further yet, but have a quick question before I
do.

From what I can see, the entire init function for AS3OpenNI won't fire
in the case where NativeProcess is not supported. I've not been able
to run anything from Flash Pro with NativeProcess supported.

Assuming the code in init is not fired when using Flash Pro, should it
be possible for the server app launched manually to connect to a
socket in the Flash app? From what I've seen, I'm thinking that maybe
it is not possible.

-- dave

Tony Birleffi

Jul 28, 2011, 11:42:57 PM7/28/11
to as3o...@googlegroups.com

Dave-

You can setup a Flash Pro prj as an Air app, and then you'll have NativeProcess support. Isn't that how you did it, in your example.fla that you posted? All NativeProcess is starting is the AS3OpenNI binary you can easily run that outside of Flash in terminal as well. Then in Flash Pro just subclass the AS3OpenNI wrapper to run without NativeProcess. Let me know if that makes sense or not I can demo it in another post.

AMB

On Jul 28, 2011 6:25 PM, "dbliss" <david...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi again,

I've not dug into this further yet, but have a quick question before I
do.

From what I can see, the entire init function for AS3OpenNI won't fire

On Jul 26, 1:25 pm, dbliss <davidebl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will look at this again once I hit a...

dbliss

Jul 29, 2011, 1:22:32 PM7/29/11
to AS3OpenNI
Right. I am able to get the AIR app to work with the existing
AS3OpenNI library.

I guess the issue I have comes down to being able to test the app
before publishing and installing the full AIR app.

This is possible in with a Builder project, but not in Flash Pro. This
seems to be an issue with FLash Pro not with the AS3OpenNI code.

I'll try your suggestion of subclassing the AS3OpenNI class to use
when working in Flash Pro.

More soon.

-- dave

On Jul 28, 8:42 pm, Tony Birleffi <mosaic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave-
>
> You can setup a Flash Pro prj as an Air app, and then you'll have
> NativeProcess support. Isn't that how you did it, in your example.fla that
> you posted? All NativeProcess is starting is the AS3OpenNI binary you can
> easily run that outside of Flash in terminal as well. Then in Flash Pro just
> subclass the AS3OpenNI wrapper to run without NativeProcess. Let me know if
> that makes sense or not I can demo it in another post.
>
> AMB

dbliss

Jul 29, 2011, 3:33:17 PM7/29/11
to AS3OpenNI
I was able to successfully extend the class to work with Flash Pro's
test movie work flow.

With the modifications, I am able to:
1. Run test movie in Flash Pro and then run AS3OpenNI_Alpha_1.3.0 from
the terminal.
2. Publish an AIR app that will launch AS3OpenNI_Alpha_1.3.0 directly.

The new files can be found here:
http://labs.odopod.com/dave/as3openni­/example_1_3_0.zip

The one issue I'm having is that I am seeing extremely low framerate
on the depthmap video. This is not something I get when using a Flash
Builder project.

The changes were minimal, so it may make sense to incorporate them
into the project once folks have had a chance to test them out.

-- dave

Tony Birleffi

Jul 29, 2011, 3:38:14 PM7/29/11
to as3o...@googlegroups.com

Set the frame rate higher, that will fix it.

AMB

On Jul 29, 10:22 am, dbliss <davidebl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right. I am able to get the AIR app to...

dbliss

Jul 29, 2011, 3:51:18 PM7/29/11
to AS3OpenNI
Sorry for the bad link... copy paste error.

http://labs.odopod.com/dave/as3openni/example_1_3_0.zip