Signal management ?

G.

Nov 25, 2010, 9:15:16 AM11/25/10
to as3-signals
Hi there,

I Discoverd Signals for a moment, found it very intersting of course
and I'm now ready to give it a shot now. After reading articles etc I
still have some questions, mostly about "signal management":

When dealing with the native event system, I always think about adding
and removing listeners when not needed. For instance in a Loader class
I add the listeners before launching loading, then when it's completed
I remove them. I've tried to do the same with Signals but i'm not sure
this is necessary and it generates some issues like some signals not
working anymore after being removed and re-added.

For instance in my Loader class I intercept native Events (IOError,
Pogress & Complete) with NativeSignals, thenI have 3 signals
dispatching error, progress and complete. When I start loading I'm
adding the related methods to each Signal, and when it's complete I
removeAll on each, but if I start a second loading right after the
progress signal doesn't shoot anymore.

David Linse

Nov 25, 2010, 12:29:43 PM11/25/10
to as3-s...@googlegroups.com
I've got a similar issue ..
after #removeAll call and a "re"-#add imy listener stops receiving signals,
either because the signals did not fire or the listener is broken..
i could not pinpoint it which is really frustrating..
David Linse
-- freelancing web-developer --

Jessnerstr. 47
10247 Berlin