Error 1023 as3-signals-v0.9-BETA

Chetan Sachdev

Apr 18, 2013, 4:27:28 AM4/18/13
to as3-s...@googlegroups.com
I am using as3-signals-v0.9-BETA in a simple slide application. In my signal handler, I am dispatching the same signal again based on some conditions. The application throws an exception after a couple of hours on the signals dispatch method. Below is a stack trace:
Error: Error #1023: Stack overflow occurred.
 at com.chetansachdev.components::SlideDeck/onNextSlidePleaseEvent()[D:\cb-trunk\Solutions\Components\Slidelib\src\com\chetansachdev\components\SlideDeck.as:75]
 at org.osflash.signals::Slot/execute()[C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Flash\OSFlash\signals\as3-signals\src\org\osflash\signals\Slot.as:87]
 at org.osflash.signals::OnceSignal/dispatch()[C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Flash\OSFlash\signals\as3-signals\src\org\osflash\signals\OnceSignal.as:125]
 at com.chetansachdev.components::SlideDeck/onNextSlidePleaseEvent()[D:\cb-trunk\Solutions\Components\Slidelib\src\com\chetansachdev\components\SlideDeck.as:89]
 at org.osflash.signals::Slot/execute()[C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Flash\OSFlash\signals\as3-signals\src\org\osflash\signals\Slot.as:87]
 at org.osflash.signals::OnceSignal/dispatch()[C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Flash\OSFlash\signals\as3-signals\src\org\osflash\signals\OnceSignal.as:125]

Method:
mysignal.add(mySignalHandler);

function mySignalHandler():void
{
    if(condition)
    {
       // do something here..
    }
    else
    {
        mysignal.dispatch();
    }
}

Can some one point me, what is wrong. When I am dispatching from the signal handler, is the stack getting created ? (I am not calling the method directly, I am dispatching a signal).

Simon Richardson

Apr 18, 2013, 5:36:22 AM4/18/13
to as3-s...@googlegroups.com
application throws an exception after a couple of hours

I would suspect that the GC has collected on the listener[1]. Does this show in any other way, rather than waiting for a couple of hours?

--

---

Chetan Sachdev

Apr 18, 2013, 9:07:36 AM4/18/13
to as3-s...@googlegroups.com
In case GC garbage collected the listener, how would a Stackoverflow error happen. A stack should be created when I directly call the method, now in my case, I am calling it from the signal object. Now, I am experimenting with removing all listener, adding again and then dispatching. Is it fine to dispatch the event from the event handler ?