How to listen to a Signal dispatched from an itemRenderer?

flxrling

Oct 21, 2010, 7:44:57 PM10/21/10
to as3-signals
Hello,

I have a Flex 4 DataGroup with an itemRenderer that dispatches a
Signal. I'd like to listen for that Signal in my main application, but
I'm not sure how to do that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Anna

Robert Penner

Oct 21, 2010, 8:04:10 PM10/21/10
to as3-signals
Are you wanting to bubble an Event through to the application?

Robert

Tim Oxley

Oct 21, 2010, 10:41:42 PM10/21/10
to as3-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anna,

Have you tried using NativeSignal? You can use NativeSignal to have native events trigger signals.

I would listen, from the DataGroup component, for native events bubbling up from the item renderer. Generally I don't use signals -inside- my item renderers.

Check the "NativeSignal" section in this intro from InsideRIA http://insideria.com/2010/10/an-introduction-to-as3-signals.html

Regards

Tim

flxrling