Introductions?

matt

Jul 16, 2012, 7:57:44 PM7/16/12
to as220-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody. I figured I'd start out a post for everyone to introduce themselves.

I'm Matt. I live in Warren, RI and I am a Sketchup user. I like Sketchup so much, in fact, that I created a tutorial site where I can help people learn how to use Sketchup. I share a lot of my knowledge on the site, but also talk about a lot of things I am still learning about. Like 3D Printing! I have never done it before, but I'm fascinated by it and would like to experiment with it a little to see what it's all about. I work in the construction industry as a project engineer, so I get to use Sketchup at work for conceptual work as well, which is a lot of fun. So I'm looking forward to talking with you all and learning more about the possibilities of 3D printing.

Thanks!

-Matt

Oh, almost forgot, my website is www.MasterSketchup.com

Josh Towers

Jul 17, 2012, 1:56:43 AM7/17/12
to as220-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks Matt. You're site is enlightening. I always assumed sketchup was all push-and-pull geo. I've only perused a little bit, but that is new to me. Great!

Steev

Jul 22, 2012, 12:14:38 PM7/22/12
to as220-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
 Steve here... hailing from Holliston, MA, so it's a wee bit of a drive for me, so I'll be at these meetings when I can.  3d printing... will have to build me a Rep-Rap soon... my son is fired up about having one.
I've worked in robotics, military electronics, biological agent detection, information security.... I like to work on really anything, engines, wood, metal, R/C cars, etc.... so having a 3d Printer would be handy for prototyping.....
 I love opensource stuff, sw / hw etc... I better stop now, I have too many projects going and not enough time , I look forward to seeing all of you again and doing some printing.
Message has been deleted

Matt Stultz

Jul 24, 2012, 4:33:52 PM7/24/12
to as220-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone I'm Matt also, I founded 3D Printing Providence because I love 3D printing and wanted to help share that with everyone and have a chance to share ideas with others who are interested in 3D printing. I am a past employee of Makerbot (www.makerbot.com)one of the leaders of hope 3D printing and open source hardware. I also founded and was the president of Pittsburgh's hackerspace, HackPittsburgh (www.hackpittsburgh.org). I enjoy tinkering and sharing my knowledge with others.

Thanks,
Matt

Kelly Egan

Jul 26, 2012, 10:57:45 AM7/26/12
to as220-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

My name is Kelly. I am an artist and tinkerer, who has been skirting the edges of 3D printing for a while and am not getting hooked. I have printing a on a couple of printers (Replicator, Cupcake, ZCorp etc.) but am really interested in building a RepRap. If anyone is interested in a have a build party some time soon I would be game.

See you all at the next meeting.

Kelly