Using netflow & sFlow simultaneously ?

browei61

Dec 16, 2019, 10:43:34 AM12/16/19
to AS-Stats users
Hi !

I am having issues with a single Router (Huawei) that does netstream (=netflow v5 and v9) and I am wondering If one instance of as-stats can handle streams from both sources?

Also what I don't know is how to configure the Netflow on the Huawei. I tried a configuration with only sampling in/out forwarding but also tried a configuration with only as-aggregation, and also both.

If someone has only the smallest hint or experience to share it would spare me huge amounts of time and I'd be hugely grateful.

Thanks!

browei61

Dec 17, 2019, 3:05:45 AM12/17/19
to AS-Stats users
Okay, found the config that works:

With this solution, ifIndexes from Interfaces are the same than the ones Huawei assigns in SNMP (which is not the case per default). So you can do "disp int GigabitEthernet 0/3/1" and look for the ifIndex or "disp int vlanif 130" if you did a L3 interface. This interface of which you specify the ifIndex in the As-stats config, wether it's an vlanif or gigabitethernet if has to contain following config:

ip netstream inbound
ip netstream outbound

Your router has to contain this config:

ip netstream aggregation as
 export version 9
 template timeout-rate 2
 ip netstream export source 192.168.200.48
 ip netstream export host 192.168.200.1 8999

ip netstream as-mode 32
ip netstream timeout active 1
ip netstream timeout inactive 15
ip netstream export version 9 origin-as
ip netstream export index-switch 32
ip netstream export template timeout-rate 2
ip netstream sampler random-packets 2048 inbound
ip netstream sampler random-packets 2048 outbound
ip netstream export source 192.168.200.48
ip netstream export template option sampler
ip netstream export template option application-label

slot 3
 ip netstream sampler to slot self
 ip netstream export host 192.168.200.1 8999