Search Filters

chrferguson

Dec 5, 2018, 1:35:17 AM12/5/18
to Artsy API Developers
Dear Artsy Engineering,

I have been experimenting with your API and think I may have discovered a bug with your search endpoint. Under the “Advanced Search” heading, you state that clients can filter search results by appending "+more:pagemap:metatags-og_type:{filter}” e.g. https://api.artsy.net/api/search?q=Andy+Warhol+more:pagemap:metatags-og_type:artist. However, when I perform that request the results are not filtered.

Please could you advise me?

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Christian Ferguson

Daniel Doubrovkine

Dec 7, 2018, 10:55:24 AM12/7/18
to chrfe...@gmail.com, Artsy API Developers
We'll take a look, apologies for the delay.

[A.]    Daniel Doubrovkine (dB.)

         CTO @ Artsy

         d...@artsy.net

         @dblockdotorg

         code.dblock.org

PS: Please support my open-source work on Patreon.

--
Find all info about the Artsy.net API at https://developers.artsy.net.
---

chrferguson

Jan 10, 2019, 2:03:07 AM1/10/19
to Artsy API Developers
Hello Daniel Doubrovkine,

Have there been any developments regarding search filters?

With thanks,

Christian

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 1:35 AM chrferguson <chrfe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Artsy Engineering,

I have been experimenting with your API and think I may have discovered a bug with your search endpoint. Under the “Advanced Search” heading, you state that clients can filter search results by appending "+more:pagemap:metatags-og_type:{filter}” e.g. https://api.artsy.net/api/search?q=Andy+Warhol+more:pagemap:metatags-og_type:artist. However, when I perform that request the results are not filtered.

Please could you advise me?

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Christian Ferguson

--
Find all info about the Artsy.net API at https://developers.artsy.net.
---

Daniel Doubrovkine

Jacob Greer

May 19, 2019, 4:56:12 PM5/19/19
to Artsy API Developers
Afternoon, I'm seeing the same issue. If it's no longer in use, can we deprecate that part of the documentation?

Is there another approach to filter search results in the API? (For example artists only) Or is the current technique to pull down all the results and filter them on our end?

Thanks,
Jacob