Question about scope=offline_access availability for Xapp token

Leah White

May 16, 2019, 12:52:17 AM5/16/19
to Artsy API Developers
Hi,

I've been using the Artsy Public API with basic Xapp token access, but I'm wondering if there's any way to extend the Xapp token expiration past 6 days. I know I can use the other forms of authentication, but I'm a student, and this is a simple app that doesn't have a back end (yet), so there are no logins. Do you offer any access extensions through the Xapp token?

Thanks,

Leah White

Anil Bawa-Cavia

May 17, 2019, 7:13:38 AM5/17/19
to Leah White, Artsy API Developers
Hi Leah,

I'm afraid we do not allow for long-term expiration on tokens. If you are just using basic Xapp tokens without user authentication, you do not need a UI or logins - you can just request a new token in your code if it is expired.

Thanks,
Anil

[A.]

Anil Bawa-Cavia