Inquiring about sales auction data

Katherine Elmlinger

Mar 25, 2022, 3:35:50 PM3/25/22
to Artsy API Developers
Hi,

My name is Katherine Elmlinger and I am a junior at Princeton University working on an Independent Work project for my degree program to build a machine learning model for price prediction using art auction data. As I was exploring the API and experimenting with different GET requests, I noticed that maybe the sales data that I have access to is quite limited. When I query for all of the sales, there seems to be a total of 5 sales returned and among these once I query using these individual ids to find the sales artworks, the json files are empty. Am I perhaps misusing this API, or is this data simply not available for public access? Lastly, if this access is restricted, I would like to inquire whether or not you are able to grant special permission to access this data as this is purely for independent research purposes that will not be published, is supervised by various professors in my department, and obviously non-commercial use.

Thank you!

Best,
Katherine Elmlinger