2017 Radical Networks CFP

chootka

May 9, 2017, 1:08:51 PM5/9/17
to artsec
Attention all who are doing strange things with radio waves and computer
networks! The 2017 Radical Networks Call For Proposals is open for this
year's event taking place in Brooklyn October 19-22! Go here to submit:
http://radicalnetworks.org/.

We invite artists, lawyers, engineers, writers, policy makers,
educators, scientists, journalists, community organizers and all other
investigators and practitioners of alternative computer networking.

Some possible topics include:
Offline networks
Mesh networks
Local networks for community
Experimental application of computer networks
Networks for political activism
Network security for ordinary citizens
Artistic use of computer networks
Personal networks
Bringing connectivity to rural areas
Experimental social networks
Control and ownership of networks
Ethical hacking

The call for participation is open to all! We encourage women, people of
color, LGBTSTGNC, immigrants, and differently-abled folks to apply!

Proposals are due by Friday June 30th, 2017 at 11:59 P.M.

Check our archives for examples of works presented the last two years:
http://radicalnetworks.org/archives/2016/program/
http://radicalnetworks.org/archives/2015/program/

Feel free to share this call widely. We look forward to your submissions!

Sarah / Amelia / Erica
http://radicalnetworks.org/
@RadNetworks