Discrete Figures

Noah Swartz

Apr 30, 2018, 1:50:28 PM4/30/18
to artsec
I saw Discrete Figures at Gray Area the other week and just wanted to give a shout out to Kyle McDonald for his awesome work on it! It was amazing & I'd love to hear more about how parts of it worked if you wanna pull back the curtain a little :)

Paolo Salvagione

Apr 30, 2018, 3:14:04 PM4/30/18
to art...@googlegroups.com
+1

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:50 AM Noah Swartz <swar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw Discrete Figures at Gray Area the other week and just wanted to give a shout out to Kyle McDonald for his awesome work on it! It was amazing & I'd love to hear more about how parts of it worked if you wanna pull back the curtain a little :)

Kyle McDonald

Apr 30, 2018, 4:28:43 PM4/30/18
to art...@googlegroups.com
thanks for joining us :) i plan to write a short article this week
that's focused on the one scene i spent the most time on (with the AI
dancer/puppet). i will post it here when it's done :)
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/artsec/CALFSv5__HSopxbC%3DsmZMFuAUcA9uG45aKGsy3cVv1cf-nige6w%40mail.gmail.com.

Michael Grinich

Apr 30, 2018, 10:04:47 PM4/30/18
to artsec
is daito on this list? i've always wanted to learn more about the process at rhizomatiks. they seem very good at being tech-heavy but done so tastefully that the audience doesn't notice

Ellen Pearlman

Apr 30, 2018, 11:45:40 PM4/30/18
to art...@googlegroups.com
Kyle:
The piece you did in SF with Daito was one of the best things I have seen in the past 10 years. Truly stunning. A real breakthrough. And I only, unfortunately saw the video.
I am aware of Blanca Li's "Robots", which I saw at BAM 2 or 3 years ago, and also the dances with Kuka with the Taiwanese artist, but what you guys did was really something.
Ellen

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Paolo Salvagione <salva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:50 AM Noah Swartz <swar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I saw Discrete Figures at Gray Area the other week and just wanted to give
>> a shout out to Kyle McDonald for his awesome work on it! It was amazing &
>> I'd love to hear more about how parts of it worked if you wanna pull back
>> the curtain a little :)
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/artsec/25c033bf-a9fe-46f8-93ec-80c8cfb81092%40googlegroups.com.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/artsec/CALFSv5__HSopxbC%3DsmZMFuAUcA9uG45aKGsy3cVv1cf-nige6w%40mail.gmail.com.

PhD, School of Creative Media Hong Kong City University

President Art-A-Hack(TM)

Director and Curator Volumetric Society of New York