Anyone want to meet DARPA's software-defined radio team at Hardware Hack on 4/26 in NYC?

Ellen Pearlman

Apr 21, 2017, 2:42:30 PM4/21/17
to artsec
Conor Russomano, who developed OpenBCI is bring a group of DARPA's software-defined radio team to the Volumetric Society/Hardware hack to talk about opportunities to connect what they're doing with other hardware/software hackers, tinkerers, developers, etc.

This is part of the email that Conor sent to Hardware Hack, so if any of you want to come on down from 6:30 to 9:30 and see what is going on, by all means feel free to do so.
Ellen

Dr. Tom Rondeau (http://www.darpa.mil/staff/dr-tom-rondeau <http://www.darpa.mil/staff/dr-tom-rondeau> ) would like to expand the software-defined radio community and engage this broader community with interesting problems.  There are lots of smart people who know how to make things, but they may not know how to interface with the RF spectrum.

        We will be having a Hackfest in November 13-16 (http://darpahackfest.com/bay-area-hackfest <http://darpahackfest.com/bay-area-hackfest> ) and we will have a few outreach events between now and a teaming workshop May 22.  We're working on a tour of places for makers (hackerspaces, incubators, schools, etc.).  For instance, Tom has been accepted as a speaker at the Bay Area Maker Faire.  Here's a bit more information about a past event https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/darpa_hackfest/ <https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/darpa_hackfest/>  .  Please note that the actual problem set will include other things for future events.

        We're still trying to figure out the schedule for his visits to cities, but he will probably be in NYC around April 25-26.  I think that lines up well with the Wednesday hackathon that takes place at ThoughtWorks.  Unfortunately, I don't know the organizers of that event.  Could you please introduce me to them?

        *  Are there any events in the US that you think we should participate?

        *  Is there anyone else that we should contact?

        *  Are there other locations that we should visit?

        *  Is there anything else that you think would be useful?

Ellen Pearlman

Apr 21, 2017, 2:44:14 PM4/21/17
to artsec
Here is the link for Hardware Hack - you do not need to be a member of the Volumetric Society to attend.