Meaning of GURU & Jai GuruDev.

||J A I G U R U D E V||

Oct 15, 2009, 11:14:56 AM10/15/09
to aolglobal, gaolglobal, aolnorthindia, aolnorthindia@google

Meaning of Jai GuruDev....

Among the seekers of truth, there is a practise of greeting each other saying, `jaigurudev' . Do you know what that really means? You may think that it means `victory to the Master' or `Hail the master'. You do not say that as he has won already!

You know there is a Big Mind and a Small Mind. Sometimes the Big Mind wins over the Small Mind and sometimes it is the other way around.

·         When the Small Mind wins over, it is misery

·         When the Big Mind wins, it is joy.

·         Small Mind promises joy and leaves your hand empty.

·         Big Mind may bring resistance in the beginning but fills you with joy.

The word Guru means great. Jaya means victory. Deva means one who is fun-loving, playful, light. One who is playful is often not dignified and when one is dignified, he is often not playful. Jai Guru Dev is victory to the Big Mind in you that is both dignified and playful. That is what Jai Guru Dev means: ``Victory to the Greatness in you''.

Being with the Guru is like being with one's higher self. Guru, God and one's own self are synonymous.(Refer Who is real GURU ?How can one find his true GURU? ) Often one recognises wisdom but sees a gap between wisdom and one's own life. The purpose of becoming a disciple is to bridge that gap. Being with a Guru means spontaneous integration of life and wisdom. Respecting the Guru simply means honouring your innermost nature.

Regards, with Pranams to my beloved Guruji,

"Our highest identity is that We are all part of One DIVINITY" SriSri

http://i27.tinypic.com/2rmpht2.jpg