The Art of Family: Creatives as Caregivers

Mitch Cohen

Nov 13, 2023, 4:18:20 PM11/13/23
to Artists At Large Mailing List
Forward from Mitch
The Art of Family: Creatives as Caregivers
Thursday, November 16 @ 6:00 PM
@ Dupree Room at El Dorado Ballroom
Free with Registration

Are you a creative who's juggling an artistic practice and parenthood? Join Fresh Arts for a discussion tailored to artist parents and caregivers. Fellow artist-parents Candice D'Meza, Brian Ellison, and Julia Barbosa Landois will lead the discussions and offer their unique perspectives on the intersection of art and parenting/caregiving. Attendees are welcome to join the conversation and share their insights, experiences, and resources as we gain a deeper understanding of the shared journey we embark on as creative caregivers.

Snacks and childcare with art activities will be provided. Advance registration is recommended.

R S V P
Have questions about registration or location?
Please contact our Program + Marketing Manager at da...@fresharts.org
Thank you to our venue host Project Row Houses. This panel discussion is made possible with support from the National Endowment for the Arts.
ABOUT OUR PRESENTERS

Left to Right:

Candice D’Meza (B.A.; MPA) is a mother of three and a multidisciplinary artist whose work traverses theatre, performance, filmmaking, and writing. Her latest theater production “A Maroon’s Guide To Time and Space” had its world premiere production with The Catastrophic Theatre in May 2023.

Brian Ellison is a photographer, conceptual visual artist, father, and philanthropist. He is the creative director and cinematographer of the film UnMASKulinity and founder of non-profit The Black Man Project.

Julia Barbosa Landois is a visual and performance artist, arts administrator, and mother of two. Her newest project on motherhood and reproductive justice received a 2023 Creation Fund Award from National Performance Network.

STAY CONNECTED!
Website
LinkedIn
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Fresh Arts is sponsored in part by our generous funders and partners:

Art Houston Magazine  *  Art Colony Association   *  Brown Foundation   *  City of Houston through Houston Arts Alliance   *  Deal Co.   *  Frost Bank   *  Heimbinder Family Foundation  *  Houston Endowment    *  Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs  *  Mid-America Arts Alliance   *  National Endowment for the Arts   *  Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation *  Sesh Coworking  *  Texas Commission on the Arts   *  Arts District Houston Partners   *  Fresh Arts Members   *  and our generous gala supporters and individual donors.
For the past 20 years, Fresh Arts has empowered local artists and creatives of all disciplines with the resources and tools they need for personal and professional success. Fresh Arts works towards building a supportive and accessible network that champions the artists who make Houston a more vibrant and creative place to live.