[CFP, Deadline Apr 26] AI Governance Workshop @ IJCAI 2024 - Call for Papers

Baihan Lin

Apr 19, 2024, 11:39:37 AMApr 19
to artificial general intelligence
Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to announce the Call for Papers for the 1st International Workshop on "AI Governance: Alignment, Morality and Law" (AIGOV) to be held in conjunction with IJCAI 2024 on Aug 3rd, 2024 in Jeju, South Korea. https://aigovernance.github.io/

The rapid advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI) bring unprecedented opportunities and challenges. As organizations and governments increasingly integrate AI technologies into various aspects of society, the need for effective AI governance becomes paramount. This workshop aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of AI governance principles, frameworks, and best practices to empower participants in navigating the ethical, legal, and societal dimensions of AI.

We invite submissions of papers, posters, and demonstrations on any topic related to AI Governance, including but not limited to:

- Understanding AI Governance
- Role of LLMs in AI Governance
- Addressing Bias and Fairness
- Transparency and Accountability
- Policy Interpretation and Compliance
- Human-AI Collaboration
- AI alignment methods
- Prompt engineering
- Fine tuning
- Explainable AI
- Responsible AI practices

Submissions should be in the form of a 7-page paper (+2-page references) for proceeding articles or a 2-page abstract for posters/demonstrations, and should be formatted according to the IJCAI guidelines (https://www.ijcai.org/authors_kit). The review will be double-blind, so please keep your submission(s) anonymous.

Key Dates:

Submission deadline: Apr 26th, 2024 (11:59 pm AOE)
Acceptance notification: June 5th, 2024
Camera ready for accepted submissions: June 15th, 2024

The submission website is on OpenReview: https://openreview.net/group?id=ijcai.org/IJCAI/2024/Workshop/AIGOV. Camera-ready versions are due by June 20, 2024, and will be posted on the workshop website.

For more information about the workshop, please visit our website: https://aigovernance.github.io/

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the organizing committee at bl2...@columbia.edu.

We look forward to your submissions and to seeing you at the workshop!

Best regards,
AIGOV Organizing Committee

Baihan Lin, Columbia University
Djallel Bouneffouf, IBM Research
Asim Munawar, IBM Research
Irina Rish, Mila - Quebec AI Institute
Lauri Goldkind, Fordham University

Baihan Lin

Apr 27, 2024, 3:22:20 PMApr 27
to artificial general intelligence
Given multiple requests, the IJCAI AI Governance Workshop has decided to extend its submission deadline to May 10, 2024. We look forward to your submissions. Thank you.