Resolved? Re: [artifactory-core] Both Laser Cutters off-line.

Nick Bannon

Dec 9, 2018, 3:11:19 AM12/9/18
to artifact...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 10:16:52PM +0800, Lemming . wrote:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/artifactory-core/Nvj96_MpFSk/2j03fuWcAwAJ
> Please be aware that due to an unfortunate incident with one of the laser
> cutters this evening we've ended up taking both of them off-line.
>
> Big Red was damaged earlier this evening and we made the decision to try
> and take parts of Little Red to fix it, but unfortunately have not been
> able to get it running properly.
>
> Big Red should be up and running tomorrow at some stage, but we're not sure
> when we will be able to get Little Red up and running.
>
> As such if you have any cutting to do, please wait until further updates.

Someone crashed the LC1290 head into the honeycomb bed?

Both machines seem to be cutting happily:

* RussellC was using the LC1290 on 3mm ply this afternoon, a bit of
vibration at 200mm/sec engraving? ; and

* I did some 3mm MDF cuts on the LG500 at over 15mm/sec but I didn't
test across the whole bed

The red LG500 aiming pointer is gone, but are both machines pretty much
running with the same parts as of two weeks ago?

Nick.

--
Nick Bannon | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick...@rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal

Blake Samuels

Dec 9, 2018, 9:21:00 PM12/9/18
to artifact...@googlegroups.com
Yep. The guys managed to fix it with only a day or two of downtime. Looks like we forgot to update the lasers down notice.

Big red head assembly is bent from its crash. We are going to order a new one.