Kellogg update

1 view

Fletcher Boyd

Mar 8, 2019, 3:08:51 AM3/8/19
to Artifactory Laser Subcommittee
Hey folks,

Kamil and I made some progress on Kellogg last night. The tube has been installed (not yet aligned) and the chiller has been hooked in and filled. Currently it's fitted with the 80W tube from the office.

Problems we've encountered so far:
- The chiller turns on and everything except the actually chilling part works. (pump, flow sensor etc) Unsure if it was damaged in transport/while in the space but I'll try and open it up in the next couple of weeks and see if it's anything obvious. If you're got the requisite experience please put your hand up to take a look.
- The controller isn't correctly firing the laser. With the control board disconnected from the power supply the PSU test button works and successfully fires the tube. With the control board connected the PSU test button is inoperable and the pulse button on the controller doesn't work. We're not sure if this is a wiring misconfiguration between the controller and the PSU, an incorrectly triggered interlock, or another issue we haven't thought of.

Any thoughts welcome.