Big Red tube dead (130W)

Fletcher Boyd

Mar 8, 2019, 3:15:53 AM3/8/19
to Artifactory Laser Subcommittee, Committee
Hey folks,

Kamil, Blake, and I tested the old 130W tube (the one that was removed in December) again on Wednesday with the replacement PSU. Unfortunately we've concluded that the tube was at fault for the original downtime and has completely died. The 100W tube that has been running in Big Red for the past few months has been reinstalled and the laser is cutting normally again.

With our current stock (and Kamil and I testing last night, see #lazors on Slack) we'll still be able to get all three lasers functional without purchasing any new tubes. We've confirmed that the 80W tube stored in the office is still functional and it has been installed in Kellogg.

This email is being sent to both the Laser subcommittee and the Management Committee.

Blake Samuels

Mar 8, 2019, 3:24:42 AM3/8/19
to Artifactory Laser Subcommittee
Lols sorry for parallel writing