Laser Maintenance - Change Proposal

Blake Samuels

Feb 8, 2020, 5:38:28 AM2/8/20
to artifact...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

This email is at laser maintainers and people who attend/want to attend laser maintenance. Firstly at laser mailing list and then once agreed, ill email/slack rest of membership.

I would like to propose moving laser maintenance to Saturday mornings (say 10am). It would still be held 4 weekly (or maybe 2nd saturday of month so it doesn't collide with open day). I propose the first one on 15th Feb. I would cancel (not email out about) the one this Monday 10th Feb.

I hope this would allow more people to attend, increase involvement and increase exposure of laser maintenance.

Downsides are that maintenance may disrupt regular use more than on a Monday night. Large projects should probably be scheduled separately to regular maintenance - to mitigate disruption.

Other proposals and discussion welcome. If everyone ok/don't mind/no response by Monday, then ill go ahead and change it. We can always change it back if it doesn't work out.

Cheers
Blake

Glenn Martin

Feb 9, 2020, 8:14:30 PM2/9/20
to Blake Samuels, noreply-spamdigest via Artifactory Laser Subcommittee
Hi Blake,

Sorry I wasn’t able to reply to this on weekend as got busy at work.
If laser maintenance is moved to Saturday, I have no objection if it's fine with everyone else.
Main concern like you said would be that it would prevent use on Saturdays being busy day. But having more people being exposed to maintenance and able to help would be beneficial.

Cheers

Glenn

Nick Bannon

Oct 15, 2020, 5:47:28 AM10/15/20
to artifact...@googlegroups.com
Saturdays have been working well recently, usually mornings but sometimes
afternoons are the go. Changing it up has let a few extra people join
a maintenance and learning session.

This coming Saturday, I gather Blake and Ben prefer the afternoon and
Kamil sends apologies (working away).

Shall we plan for Saturday 2020-10-17T14:00 ?

Nick.

https://wiki.artifactory.org.au/doku.php?id=subcommittee:lasers

--
Nick Bannon | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick...@rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal