Big Read X-Y axis not square

Glenn Martin

Oct 8, 2019, 11:18:28 PM10/8/19
to Artifactory Laser Subcommittee
Hi Folks,

Big Red is not cutting square. The X and Y axis are not 90 degrees perpendicular to each other.
I think its been like this for a while because some large sheets i cut more than a month ago are not square, I only just noticed this the other day.
I had a quick look yesterday and cutting 100 x 100 mm square is big enough area to measure with a set square and show its not square.

The left side of the gantry needs to be moved back about 3 to 5 mm.
I can go in this coming Monday to fix if someone else is able to come in and help out as Ive never adjusted the gantry offset before other wise at the next Laser maintenance the following Monday.

Cheers

Glenn