Re: Artifactory Laser Cutter

1 view

Blake Samuels

Feb 10, 2019, 10:47:11 PM2/10/19
to Dan Kerton, artifact...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your email. Yes, I think little red could etch hard wood fine. I haven't used Walnut hard wood though. Cutting all the way through will depend on how well the wood cuts and thickness as to whether its practical on little red or you need to use big red.

I'm not able to get to the Artifactory as much as I would like at the moment but there are quite a few helpful people there that can assist you. There is some laser maintenance tonight at Artifactory 6.30pm which you welcome to for asking questions, although the machines would not normally be available for members to use on projects during that time. We could probably do some test cuts though.

Cheers
Blake

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 10:46, Dan Kerton <d...@adserval.com> wrote:
Hi Blake,

Hope you doing well. I'm wondering if you can give me some advice regarding the laser cutter (Little Red) at Artifactory.

Is it possible to work with hard woods on Little Red? I'm wanting to etch/cut some Walnut hard wood.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
-Dan