Chiller updates

1 view

Fletcher Boyd

Apr 17, 2019, 10:20:10 AM4/17/19
to Artifactory Laser Subcommittee
Kamil and I took the casings off of the CW3000 (new chiller) and the CW5000 (current Little Red chiller) tonight. Unlike the 5000 and 8000 models the CW3000 is basically a big fan blowing over some aluminium tubing. We've concluded that the new chiller is not broken as previously feared but just has a lower performance than the models we're familiar with. For the curious we took a few pictures.

Kamil has also got the alarm sensors working correctly (tested with a meter, not yet connected to the new laser) so our next step for Kellogg will be aligning, focusing, and playing with the software. Volunteers welcome.

Despite the lower performance of the CW3000 it _should_ still be capable of cooling Little Red so the next step there will be plumbing it in and monitoring performance over a long (1ish hour) cut to make sure that everything is safe. Volunteers welcome for this as well but it should probably be scheduled for a warmish day.