[bulletin-insaf] Alternatives International Journal: February 2024

Feroz

Feb 7, 2024, 7:51:28 AMFeb 7
to Insaf mail

Alternatives International Journal: February 2024

Trudeau, Restore UNWRA Funding Now: An Open Letter

Dear PM Trudeau and Minister Hussen, I am still reeling over your decision to cut aid to UNRWA. What a disgrace! And, this, at a time when the people of Gaza (and elsewhere in the Middle East) are in desperate need of help. Allegations (...)

Ram Mandir: The Unholy Union of God And Greed

Caught up in the incessant drumbeat of publicity created by the godi (lapdog) media that masquerades as Hindu religiosity, the goal of the consecration (pran pratishthan) ceremony on January 22 at the partially-constructed Ram Mandir in Ayodhya (...)

Canada and the South African Genocide Charges Against Israel at the ICJ

The merciless bombardment by Israel against the Palestinian people in Gaza has been challenged for all the world to see. South Africa – the historical victim of and ultimate victor over a racist apartheid regime – has courageously charged (...)

If It Isn’t a Genocide in Gaza, Then What Is It?

Let us assume that Israel’s position at The Hague is right and just and Israel committed no genocide or anything close to it. So what is this? What do you call the mass killing, which continues even as these lines are being written, without (...)

The Tragedy of India’s Authoritarian Descent

Despite all the talk about India being the world’s largest democracy the existing reality is very different indeed. For persistent dissidents and opponents of the current Hindu nationalist regime headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the (...)

A Deceptive Definition: Criticism and Accountability

“It’s easy to criticise and condemn the crimes of others. It’s a little harder to look in the mirror and ask what we’re doing because it’s usually not very pretty, and if we’re minimally decent we’re going to try to do something about it.” Noam (...)

Footer