2008 Northern California Wine Tasting Events Of Interest

1 view

Rustin McLeod

Feb 12, 2008, 12:12:05 PM2/12/08
to article...@googlegroups.com

Free-Reprint Article Written by: Rustin McLeod
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
* article...@googlegroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============

2008 Northern California Wine Tasting Events Of Interest

Article Description:
====================

Those who enjoy the finer side of life can indulge in wine
tasting year around in the fine state of California. Starting in
Paso Robles, we are going to take a look at the annual wine
tasting festivities in the Northern California region.

Additional Article Information:
===============================

Distribution Date and Time: 2008-02-12 12:12:00

Written By: Rustin McLeod
Copyright: 2008
Contact Email: mailto:rustin...@thephantomwriters.com

For more free-reprint articles by Rustin McLeod, please visit:
http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/rustin-mcleod.html

If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
us know where you have used this article, and we will
include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=5629&p=load

Versions Of Article Are Available at:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/northern-california-wine-tasting.shtml#get_code

2008 Northern California Wine Tasting Events Of Interest
Copyright (c) 2008 Rustin McLeod
Wine Interview
http://www.wineinterview.com/

Those who enjoy the finer side of life can indulge in wine
tasting year around in the fine state of California. Starting in
Paso Robles, we are going to take a look at the annual wine
tasting festivities in the Northern California region.

A Relaxing Drive In March

Paso Robles is a three-and-a-half hour drive, going south from
San Francisco. On the third weekend in March, Paso Robles holds
their annual Zinfandel Festival. In 2008, the event will be
staged on the weekend of March 14-16.

This three-day festival offers Winemaker dinners, food pairings,
seminars, open houses and special tasting opportunities at more
than 90 wineries in Paso Robles Wine Country, accentuating the
main event on Saturday evening.

The Zinfandel Grand Tasting, featuring Zinfandel from more than
40 area wineries, is scheduled between 7-9:30 p.m. on Saturday
evening, at the conclusion of the Live Auction. Zin-friendly hors
d'oeuvres and a silent auction, featuring a wide variety of wine
and lifestyle packages, will accompany the Grand Tasting.

You can learn more about this festival by visiting:
http://www.pasowine.com/events/zinfandelfestival.php

25 Years In May

Tiburon, California, is just north of San Francisco, across the
Golden Gate Bridge and on the East side of Richardson Bay.

The annual Tiburon Wine Festival sold out in 2007, four days
ahead of the event, so it is recommended that you get your
tickets early.

The 2008 Tiburon Wine Festival is a one-day event, to be held on
Sat. May 17, 2008 - 1-4 p.m. It will feature premium wines from
65 wineries, 20 restaurant and food booths, and live
entertainment on the waterfront.

Tiburon is considered to be one of the top five wine tasting
events held each year in California. This year will certainly be
no exception. To learn more about this 25th Silver Anniversary
event, visit: http://tiburonwinefestival.homestead.com

Monterey County in The Spring

Located near the world-famous Carmel and Monterey Bay, the
Chalone Appellation, situated in the Gabilan Mountain Range of
Monterey County consistently produces some of the finest wines in
California.

When describing the 2004 Chalone Vineyard Chardonnay, the Tasters
Guild Orlando (Florida) said it has low tannin, medium body and
is very dry. The same vintage was given a ranking of 87-points by
Wine Spectator.

The Chalone Appellation benefits largely from its unique
geography, which helps to add to the overall quality of the wines
they produce. The area offers jagged volcanic rock merging at the
Pinnacles, bright limestone, decomposed granite soils and rolling
green vineyards in the midst of it all.

The resulting wines from the Chalone Appellation wine-growing
region are lush, concentrated and have a distinctive mineral
taste, and are frequently given 90+ point scores at wine tasting
events.

In 2008, the annual Pinnacles Wine Festival is scheduled for
April 26th, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Soledad, CA. 2008 will
mark the fifth year for this annual event. The details of the
2008 festival had not yet been set at the time of this writing,
but previous years brought together all 14 wine producers from
the wine appellation, with an abundance of five-star restaurants
participating in the event.

To get the updated information on the Pinnacles Wine Festival,
hosted by the Inn at the Pinnacles, in the heart of the Chalone
Appellation, please visit: http://www.pinnacleswinefestival.com/

Three Days In May

Lodi, CA is half-an-hour south of Sacramento, and Lodi Lake is
the venue for the 4th annual Lodi ZinFest to be held May 16-18,
2008.

The weekend starts with Vintners' Grille at the Lake with a wine
reception on Friday night at 6 p.m. At 7 p.m., dinner will be
served. And right after dusk (around 8:15 p.m.), the "Light Up
the Lake" fireworks display will start. Only 700 tickets will be
available for Friday night's festivities and tickets must be
ordered in advance through the Lodi Winegrape Commission.

The ZinFest Wine Festival will run from 12 noon to 7 p.m. on
Saturday at Lodi Lake. Visitors to the Lodi ZinFest will be able
to taste award-winning wines from over 40 Lodi wineries. Local
wineries will be on-hand to let festival visitors taste many
delicious wines including Lodi's heritage grape, Zinfandel.

Lodi ZinFest includes wine tasting, live entertainment, cooking
demonstrations, wine seminars and lots of fun. Food and
merchandise will be sold separately.

This event wraps up on Sunday, with more than two-dozen local
wineries offering open house and tasting of their complete line
of wines, as well as other special activities.

To learn more about Lodi ZinFest or to order tickets, visit:
http://www.zinfest.com/

Sacramento In June

The Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau (SCVB) hosts the
annual Sacramento Grape Escape. This event is typically held in
June, although at the time of this writing, the date for the 2008
Grape Escape has not yet been established.

In recent years, the Sacramento Grape Escape has featured more
than 100 of the Sacramento Region's award-winning wineries and
restaurants, from eight area counties.

The Annual Grape Escape is an all-inclusive event to celebrate
the region's award winning wine country and its highly touted
local cuisine.

Check the Sacramento Grape Escape website for the most up-to-date
information: http://www.sacramentograpeescape.com/

Labor Day in Sonoma Valley

Just 45 minutes north of San Francisco, Sonoma Valley vintners
come together every Labor Day weekend and very generously do
whatever it takes to raise millions of dollars for charities. By
2007, the Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction had donated more
than $5 million directly to Sonoma Valley charities during the
previous decade.

The Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction is a multi-day event that
includes elegant winery dinners and upscale food events, unique
sit-down wine tastings, a colorful picnic and the unparalleled
main event live auction.

As Labor Day weekend gets closer, you should be able to find more
information here:
http://www.sonomavalleywine.com/harvest_main.asp

Celebrating New Orleans In Napa Valley

On October 4, 2008 - 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Napa Valley will have
their annual Wine Country Cajun Food & Music Festival. The spirit
of Mardi Gras and the flavors of New Orleans come to Napa
Downtown for this spirited celebration of Bayou life.

This event generally features informal New Orleans'-style street
parades, Zydeco dancing and New Orleans-inspired food and wines
from Napa chefs and wineries.

This event caters more to families than most wine tasting events
held around the state during the year. The Wine Country Cajun
Food & Music Festival also features roving musicians playing
Dixieland jazz, blues and gospel music.

To learn more about this event, you can visit:
http://www.napadowntown.com/cajun-festival.napa

The Four S's Of Responsible Wine Tasting

Before you travel, we encourage responsible wine tasting.
Regardless of your alcohol choices, the consumption of alcohol
will still impair your ability to respond, therefore slowing your
reaction time when driving.

Your safety and the safety of those on the road with you, relies
upon all drivers being of sober mind and spirit while on the
road. We enjoy our wines as much as the next person, but we want
to encourage the responsible consumption of alcohol and
responsible wine tasting activities.

The four S's of responsible wine tasting are: Swirl, Smell, Sip
and Spit (not swallow). Be safe, and enjoy the best that
California wine country has to offer.

Rustin McLeod writes for the Wine Interview website, which is
an excellent resource for all wine-related information. They
interview winery operators, wine growers, wine experts and wine
tasters. They present their information in the form of wine
interview videos, wine articles, and wine expert blogs. Launched
in February 2008, Wine Interview is based in the heart of
California Wine Country, and it is the destination website
for wine lovers everywhere. http://www.wineinterview.com/

--- END ARTICLE ---

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/northern-california-wine-tasting.shtml#get_code

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

Hyperlinks (clickable links).

within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

or her work. Rustin McLeod can be reached at:
rustin...@thephantomwriters.com

for Print Permission at:
mailto:rustin...@thephantomwriters.com

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

and opinion of its author, Rustin McLeod
http://www.wineinterview.com/