Soft Vid Game Controller vs Sewing Machine Music

Lara Grant

Jan 26, 2012, 2:17:16 PM1/26/12
to Art Hack Day
Two projects my sister Sarah and I have been kicking around.

- Soft vid game controller
The idea is to build a hand held controller that focuses on actions
that are more tactile and material based. Rather than pushing buttons
and rolling joysticks made of hard plastic, you will twist, pull and
squish a handheld device that relates 1 to 1 with visual output.
If anyone is interested in building a game in close relationship to
the feel of a controller lmk :)
It will be simple, Sarah will be focusing on coding the game, but it
could be amped up with another person on board!
If all goes well we could even build a quick cabinet next to the GIF
photo booth :D

- Sewing machine music
A resurrected project of mine called 16th and Mission that has been in
existence for a long time without nailing down a great execution.
Music is triggered and processed in Max/MSP by sewing a garment with
conductive traces and playing with built in switches and knobs on the
machine itself. I even have a foot pedal ready that's made into a
linear pot, could be a great effects pedal.
The project has always needed a Max/MSP whiz and someone to help flesh
out the composition of the musical output. FYI - I have no old Max
patches, they are locked up on an external HD, so I need to start
anew.

Just a couple things I wanted to throw out there!
My sister and I will be arriving later tonight. I will be arriving
with Cullen Miller (who is flying in) at 10pm.

Very excited to start and I will see you all tonight!

Lara

Kristen Mukai

Jan 26, 2012, 6:58:00 PM1/26/12
to artha...@googlegroups.com
love the soft video game controller! we should demo that at the Big Screen too. i'm about to head over to Scholes - see you all there!
--
Kristen Mukai
Digital Media Director