Fwd: Funded Art Project Proposals for Brooklyn Art Party-Labratory

Michael Grinich

May 3, 2012, 2:26:22 PM5/3/12
to artha...@googlegroups.com
woo woo!

---------- Forwarded message ----------

WHAT IS LABORATORY?

From Wednesday June 20 – Saturday, June 23, Winkel & Balktick are
presenting Laboratory, an immersive, experiential series of concerts,
parties and other happenings at the vast former Pfizer pharmaceutical
factory in north Brooklyn. Several thousand guests are expected over
the week.

I WANT TO EXPERIMENT WITH YOU

We are seeking installation & sculpture, media, video & light art,
large sculpture, performance & interactive environments. We are very
open minded about your project’s format, so as long as it is
thematically relevant.

All projects must fit within the theme of science, laboratories,
technology, etc.

Yes, we have a budget. (More details about that later.)

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

We are seeking creative and artistic priorities.

Join Winkel & Balktick for the first in a series of participatory
socials , where we will discuss our upcoming science themed immersive
art warehouse event, Laboratory.

SOCIAL DATES
Mon 5/7
Thu 5/24
Tue 6/12

7:30pm-10:30pm in Dumbo.

RSVP on the Facebook page or to in...@wandbnyc.com

Exhibition & event dates: June 20 – 23, 2012
Deadline for funded projects: Thursday, May 31, but sooner is better.
“The early bird catches the worm.”

Quick submission form: wandbnyc.com/labsubmission
Questions about projects and art: proj...@wandbnyc.com
Questions for executive management: in...@wandbnyc.com
Photos from previous events: wandbnyc.com/photos

MORE INFO: http://www.wandbevents.com/redesign/2012/04/laboratory-call-for-participation/

ABOUT WINKEL & BALKTICK

Mark Winkel & Kevin Balktick are a pair of Brooklyn-based creative
directors and event producers. They met in 2005 when they became
neighbors in a live/work loft building in Dumbo. Over the last seven
years, their vision and following has grown from intimate theme events
in at their home to fill the city’s largest warehouses.

With the support of their dedicated artists, planners and crew, they
weave larger-than-life art installations, interactive theater, surreal
performance and enchanting music into immersive fantasy environments.
Their last large-scale production, W&B Airlines, drew over 3,500
people to a 50,000 square foot space in Brooklyn, and featured dozens
of art projects and a team of hundreds.

Their big plans for 2012 include site-specific theater at a 1920s
landmark in the Bronx, a Brooklyn warehouse pop-up venue, a
destination beach weekend, a Labor Day festival and numerous smaller
experiments. In addition to their in-house productions, they offer
production and creative direction services to select clients.

Love,

Winkel & Balktick

----

W&B PARTICIPATION SOCIAL

Monday, May 7, 7:30pm-10:30pm
At the Trash Mansion. 135 Plymouth St #208 in Dumbo.
Free food & drink. Bring friends.
RSVP to in...@wandbnyc.com to attend.

Future socials: Thu 5/24, Tue 6/12.

LABORATORY CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: wandbnyc.com/labcall