API updates: Price output, SearchRange params

olivier Thereaux

Sep 21, 2008, 12:23:15 PM9/21/08
to ArtBeat API
Hi all,

It's really great to see apps being built over the TAB API! We will
soon properly announce the API for New York on the NYABlog, and I'm
looking forward to seeing the family of TAB mashups grow.

I spent a bit of time over the week-end fixing a number of outstanding
issues with the API, and I think you'll be happy to hear that:

* the max SearchRange has been increased. We're testing what the
impact of 3000m will be on our server, and are considering Alban's
suggestion to allow any SearchRange in the 0..5000m range.

http://www.tokyoartbeat.com/resources/doc/api

* I have reworked almost entirely the way our code and database handle
events and venue prices. The result should make the "free events"
lists, both on the web site and the API, much more reliable. If you
look at the API results as of today, you will notice a small (backward
compatible) change in the API. The price now shows:
(for a paid event)
<Price free="0">大人・大学生 1200円、中高生900円、小学生
600円</Price>
(for a free event, in ja)
<Price free="1">無料</Price>

This is particularly interesting because we have modified our system
to make that kind of case possible
<Price free="1">Free, reservation required</Price>
<Price free="1">1200$ per person, free if you wear pink</Price>

I think I fixed most bugs encountered along the way, but if you notice
anything broken in the process, please mention it on the list.

Cheers,
olivier

Paul Baron

Sep 21, 2008, 10:07:12 PM9/21/08
to ArtBeat API
And if I am not mistaken, the Japanese area lists have also been fixed
and are now "really" in Japanese.

On Sep 22, 1:23 am, olivier Thereaux <olivier.there...@gmail.com>

Alban

Sep 21, 2008, 10:24:00 PM9/21/08
to ArtBeat API
Thanks guys !

My result for free events is now really cool !
All our binbos daters will be happy !!

Alban