Free/not free responses errors

Alban

Sep 10, 2008, 11:11:16 PM9/10/08
to ArtBeat API
Hi all,

I want to point one problems I found in the API.
For the lil app we've done (binbodate, that mike disclose in another
message) I only look for free events (that the binbo concept...) The
fact is, with a Free=1 request, a very few answers are coming, so I
made some tests with Free=0.
I realize that there are some events marked as "not free" by the API
witch are actually marked as free on the website !

example :
API call :
http://www.tokyoartbeat.com/list/event_searchNear?Language=en&Latitude=35.65850795400801&Longitude=139.70133304595947&SearchRange=1000m&Free=0
event id : 2008/F685
API price status : Not Free
On the website (http://www.tokyoartbeat.com/event/2008/F685)
Fee: Free

making same API call with Free=1 return an empty resultset.

Maybe you should take a look at that, don't hesitate to contact me if
you need more explanations !

Paul Baron

Sep 10, 2008, 11:43:11 PM9/10/08
to ArtBeat API
Hi Alban,

this ticket has already been submitted. We are on it.
The price gets drawn from the venue Db instead of the event.
Same issue has been noted in the XML issues.

PS: for "more interesting" results, you may also want to filter by
free event with a high karma. But I guess you're already doing
this... ;-)

paul