SIT

mike alden

Aug 5, 2013, 6:06:22 PM8/5/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Anyone have a copy of this weeks SIT? Looks like funkl isn't uploading them for the time being.
Message has been deleted

Josh Steuer

Aug 10, 2013, 10:01:58 AM8/10/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
I second that. Where is everyone getting their SIT shows now that Funkl isn't putting them up?

On Monday, August 5, 2013, mike alden wrote:
Anyone have a copy of this weeks SIT? Looks like funkl isn't uploading them for the time being.

mike alden

Aug 14, 2013, 9:04:07 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Found a resource. Gandalf is posting them at his site: http://76.167.170.32:8080

On Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:01:58 AM UTC-7, Twash5 wrote:
I second that. Where is everyone getting their SIT shows now that Funkl isn't putting them up?

On Monday, August 5, 2013, mike alden wrote:
Anyone have a copy of this weeks SIT? Looks like funkl isn't uploading them for the time being.

Josh Steuer

Aug 14, 2013, 9:15:12 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Do you know what the u and p are for Gandalf's site?

mald...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2013, 9:18:37 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
There should be some instructions on that page on how to get access to his archive.

Josh Steuer

Aug 14, 2013, 9:20:27 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
It just gives instructions on signing up for copy app to help copy his files into the cloud

Kham

Aug 14, 2013, 9:20:47 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, id like to know. This looks cool!

mald...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2013, 9:28:29 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
copy app is like Dropbox. You sign up for it and essentially get your own copy app account. Once you have that then you tell him and he will give you access to his account. It's a pretty sizable collection. There should be a link to full instructions, no?

mald...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2013, 9:29:09 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Also, he's planning on posting the new show when it airs.

Josh Steuer

Aug 14, 2013, 9:33:18 PM8/14/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I've got it now.  Just waiting for an email from him now. Thanks for the help.

AZRocky

Aug 15, 2013, 5:55:40 PM8/15/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
I know that two users on CoastGab, one of whom, WillieDee also posts here, have two megatorrents that have 600+ shows each that are sorted and tagged according to Malacoid's system. I think what I'll do to help the effort is look through Gandalf's stuff to see what he has that they may not. I really want to have an ultimate mega Art torrent with everything possibly available!

Will

Oct 28, 2013, 8:39:31 PM10/28/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
hey azrocky, i've begun work on that now. http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5021.new#new

AZRocky

Oct 29, 2013, 5:20:14 PM10/29/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Yep. :)  I'm Morphiaflow on BellGab, so I've been following your progress. Couldn't be happier, and thanks for the heads up!
Has anyone been in touch with Malacoid about this btw? I know he has all the 2004-current coast and wanted to do something like this eventually for pre-04 stuff.

MaLaCoiD

Oct 29, 2013, 5:32:49 PM10/29/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
It's a project on the backburner, as I have kids to raise. I've got GIGS of unsorted shows- FrankoMundo was actually kind enough to let me ship him a HDD to fill up. It's great to see others step up to organize the collections, just want to remind everybody that it's not exactly legal.

Kham

Oct 29, 2013, 7:43:05 PM10/29/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, even tho technically this is how people STAY popular.  I remember at the end of mst3k episodes during the early years it would say "keep circulating the tapes"

With art narrowing his listener base, It would be nice if his lawyer hounds would stay off our asses for tryin to keep his grassroots fertile.

gustine

Oct 31, 2013, 9:24:52 AM10/31/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com

MaLaCoiD:  Can you again post your methodology for correcting the episode dates?

gustine

Oct 31, 2013, 9:30:52 AM10/31/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
I am happy to pay to get my daily Coast downloads from Premier or wherever; it has always annoyed me that whoever owns the  'vast archives' hasn't in recent years offered to sell anything in any manner.

MaLaCoiD

Oct 31, 2013, 10:08:37 AM10/31/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
To move a mp3 from unsorted to sorted, I listen to it to verify the date written on it. I listen for clues in the news and also verify the guest with the official episode guides:

Then I name it:
C2CAM %album- %artist- %title
C2CAM 2004-05-16- Einstein & Science- Art Bell- Hour 1

I use Mp3tag to help deploy and rename on a massive scale.

Will

Oct 31, 2013, 5:55:47 PM10/31/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Malacoid, I trust that all of the 2004-2010 files with art bell in them are correct, because those are what I am using. We are merging and renaming the shows (adding guest info among others). I can't thank you enough for all of the work that went into the 04-10 collections.

If anybody is interested in helping, here's a spreadsheet with tasks and assignments. All names are bellgab usernames.
Not all tasks are on the spreadsheet, so if there's something you'd like to do on there that isn't on it, don't hesitate to ask me.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhzjQzl__nVwdFdCR1NiMzFqb0xwLVpHRGJfbjdSbnc&usp=sharing#gid=0

ALVIN SMITH

Nov 1, 2013, 9:56:45 PM11/1/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
does anyone have the ghost to ghost am show from this year 2013?

Timothy Pate

Nov 2, 2013, 4:41:59 AM11/2/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted

FrankOMundO

Nov 13, 2013, 10:53:57 PM11/13/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mal, I know wat your'e sayin about the backburner. I also have kids and that was part of the reason i sent u all the files. I'm hoping people will step up and help to organize all the shows. It sure is tedious work man. let me know when u r close to complete.  then i can send u a Harddrive so i can have my stuff organized. I like the date format u came up with. it seems to b catching on, good work buddy. Im so bumed about Art. I dont know it smells like a big foot in the freezer to me. They just wanted to ock him into another NC contract and then have the rug pulled from under him. Can u belive that that SirusXM and Coast struck a deal. that is soo dirty. He fell rite into that trap man. Sucks. cheers all.

AZRocky

Nov 19, 2013, 12:21:32 AM11/19/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Just curious, as I follow Will's progress on the "Final Torrent" over on CoastGab--it's shaping up to be pretty stunning, with hundreds of shows that have never been circulated. But with Funky out of action for the time being I was wondering if anyone else is capturing the SITs?

Josh Steuer

Nov 19, 2013, 12:33:32 AM11/19/13
to arta...@googlegroups.com
Gandalfs been posting them on YouTube. Search for art bell somewhere in time and you'll see his work.