Horizontal Tree Template

brummett

Feb 6, 2009, 11:09:57 AM2/6/09
to Art HTML Listing
Is it possible to create a directory tree horizontally? and make a
left frame expadable collapsable tree match the horizontal tree.
Kinda like the one used at newegg.com e.g.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000290065%204803&name=Discount%20Item

where each folder coincides at top to the traditional tree shown left
and both are linkable?

If not, does the PHP version of your software accomodate this?

Thanks for your time,

Jason

brummett

Feb 6, 2009, 2:15:09 PM2/6/09
to Art HTML Listing
Sorry for the double posts. My original post took several hours to
show up in this Google Group.

Jason

On Feb 6, 9:09 am, brummett <bobrobert...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to create a directory tree horizontally?  and make a
> left frame expadable collapsable tree match the horizontal tree.
> Kinda like the one used at newegg.com e.g.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=200029006...

Paul (ZZEE)

Feb 6, 2009, 2:56:31 PM2/6/09
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
> Is it possible to create a directory tree horizontally? and make a
> left frame expadable collapsable tree match the horizontal tree.
> Kinda like the one used at newegg.com e.g.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000290065%204803&name=Discount%20Item

Do you mean the brown menu that starts with "Browse", "Computer hardware"
and so on?

Yes, possible, but the problem is that you don't know how many folders and
files are there in a folder which you will be using to create a menu, and
if there are many of them, the menu will stretch too far, and horizontal
scrolling is not what people like. For this reason we created a vertical
menu, because vertical scrolling is much more acceptable.

> If not, does the PHP version of your software accomodate this?

Sorry, we don't have a PHP version of Art HTML Listing yet. We have
another product, called ZZEE DHTML Menu:

http://zzee.com/dhtml-menu/

It has a PHP or Javascript interface and allows to create horizontal
menus.

If you want to use ZDM to create horizontal menus, a new AHL template can
be created to feed needed stuff to ZDM from directory listings, i.e. this
template can create all needed Javascript code for a menu implemented with
ZDM. Or a PHP script that reads directory listing and feeds all needed
information into ZDM can be created.

Anyway, it is not what is provided now, and some development is needed.

If anything is still unclear to you, feel free to ask.

Paul.

Paul (ZZEE)

Feb 6, 2009, 2:57:21 PM2/6/09
to art-html...@googlegroups.com

> Sorry for the double posts. My original post took several hours to
> show up in this Google Group.

Never mind.