file links

Craig

Jan 23, 2009, 1:28:40 PM1/23/09
to Art HTML Listing
Just bought this software yesterday, and if what I'm asking for is
there, I just haven't found it yet.

I bought this software to be able to create (within a single html
file) an easy to navigate view of the contents of my mp3 player (over
40GB worth of songs). With the one file created, it would be my
intent to email this created file to various people to share with them
the listing of my mp3 files. Because my mp3 player can be considered
an external hard drive (it's an OLD Archos brand Jukebox), the links
to the files will not work for the person on the receiving end of my
email. Can these file links be disabled?

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 23, 2009, 2:24:10 PM1/23/09
to art-html...@googlegroups.com
> I bought this software to be able to create (within a single html
> file) an easy to navigate view of the contents of my mp3 player (over
> 40GB worth of songs). With the one file created, it would be my
> intent to email this created file to various people to share with them
> the listing of my mp3 files. Because my mp3 player can be considered
> an external hard drive (it's an OLD Archos brand Jukebox), the links
> to the files will not work for the person on the receiving end of my
> email. Can these file links be disabled?

Sure, you can disable these links. If you are familiar with HTML, then
links typically look like

For this particular template, these links are on lines 60 to 62, so you
need to edit the MP3 HTML File List template and replace these three lines
with:

<!--#echo var='id3artist' --> - <!--#echo var='id3album' --> - <!--#echo
var='id3title' -->
<!--#else-->
<!--#echo var='fullname'--> (<span class="warn">doesn't have MP3 tags
set</span>)

Please see more about editing templates in the section "10. Templates" of
the help file:

http://zzee.com/art-html-listing/help.html

Hope this helps,

Paul.

Craig

Jan 23, 2009, 10:59:09 PM1/23/09
to Art HTML Listing
Now that I know about the templates, I muddled my way thru. I'm real
happy now with my output, other that I still need to find a good
source of online icons that I can reference. Right now, I have to
send the html file as well as the icon files.

Great product - keep up the good work.